Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Agoda.com
GoldenEye(Oracabessa)(Great Value!)
US$425
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$564/night.

Tamarind Great House(Oracabessa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$95
  • Pool
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$74
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$87
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$405
US$339
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$385/night.

Sandals Royal Plantation(Ocho Rios)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,531 results
All reviewsbeaches ocho rioswater parkkids campmy sonfamily vacationthe busbanana boatall agesmain poolkids clubwater sportsswim up barsesame streetpiano barscuba divinggift shopa lot of fun
Reviewed 23 March 2006

I visited Beaches Boscobel in May 2005. My husband and I were married at the resort and there was 26 people in our group. We have a fantastic time at the resort. The food was great, the staff was friendly, and the wedding planner was excellent. The welcome reception, rehearsal, and reception were all well managed. All people in our group had a wonderful time. The only negatives were the locals trying to sell stuff daily and the elevator stayed broken a lot. We really enjoyed our stay at Beaches Boscobel and will probably return in the future.

Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank scooby_doo118
Reviewed 21 March 2006

First things first - thanks to Trip advisor for tipping us to Tim Air. A well worth adventure for about $85pp each way we spent 20-30 minutes traveling to our hotel vs. 3 hours on a windy bumpy road!!

What to watch out for -

1) we booked two adjoining (which to us meant connecting) rooms. When we got there we found while our rooms were side by side there was no conncection within the rooms. Apparently the hotel thought we would leave our small children ages 2 and 6 in a room next door to ours with a simple sliding glass door lock for escape? Our travel agent knows our needs and confirmed that we had connecting rooms with the hotel - yet the manager on site told us that they NEVER confirm connecting or even adjoining rooms. And they call themselves a "family" resort - how can that be? Ultimately we spent 1-2 hours waiting to see if they could correct the problem, the first night in one of the two rooms and then had to spend half the second day moving to two connecting rooms. Thanks so much to Caren the manager as she made it happen much sooner than she thought.

2) You may want to bring snack foods - don't get me wrong the food was excellent and readily available, but how much popcorn and fruit can you eat in the afternoon? Or hamburgers and hotdogs as an evening snack?? The gift shop has a very limitted selection of snack foods so bring things you know you and your kids will enjoy.

3) Don't worry about bringing a stroller - there are so many stairs that it is all but impossible to go from one area to another without climbing a few. I found that it was much easier to leave my stroller in the room and carry my 2 year old. Again very nice and well kept grounds, but the stairs are extensive and do need to be better lit at night.

4) The evening entertainment is loud and as far as I can tell WILL be enjoyed by everyone no matter where you are - this seems to go on until 11pm most evenings. Bring headphones and/or your own in room entertainment (i.e. DVD and Player) if you want a quieter evening.

5) If you aren't PADI certified and plan on scuba diving, plan to pay for the resort certification and each dive - this was a bit of a surprise for us as the web site doesn't allude to cost per dive over and above the course.

6) The cost of a private taxi for your own excursion - it appears a bit of extortion as a 20 minute ride to Ocho Rios' cost $40 each way. If you want to guarantee the same drive to return you get ready to pay a bit less, but the drivers may or may not be there at the designated time.

What to enjoy -

1) The food was the best we've had at an all inclusive! And while room service isn't available, you can call and order from the restaurants and then go pick it up yourselves. Works out well if you have a tired or sick child. I highly recommend the Italian restaurant - the best food we had, although the manager is a rude and obnoxious host when it's busy.

2) Kids Kamp - my 6 year old couldn't get enough. My 2 year old would rather spend time with MOm and Dad in the water, however as the kids kamp takes the kids to the pools/beach she was quite content as soon as we were out of site.

3) If you go off site for a day and want a great restaurant in Ocho Rios try The Ruins - fantastic!!! Near Dunns River and the Dolphone cove (which was wonderful for my 6 year old and her dad). The Ruins is built surounding a fairly large waterfall serves fabulous Chinese food.

4) The Sesame Street breakfast - my 2 year old was totally astonished and truly enthralled with the characters. Get there early though as the characgters arrive right at 8:30 and if you want a front seat and breakfast, better to arrive before 8:30.

5)A wide selection of water sports - however in prime time, it is highly recommended that you sign up for the snorkeling/glass bottom boat early as that is a big hit.

6) The two slides - although watch out for the straight one - it's quite the ride.

All in all we had a wonderful vacation. The employees were very nice, the Kids Kamp was well organized with lots of variety and very capable with children of all ages, the food was fabulous and plentiful, and the resort is well kept. Our biggest disappointment was that we were not accomidated with the rooms that we booked - and considering that the cost of all 4 of us in 2 rooms was at least double of what it would have been if we had squeezed into 1 room it seemed as if we had paid for something that they weren't able to deliver at first. They did rectify the situation and all was well, but it does steal that 1st impression and the first full day of relaxation.

13  Thank caledonryans
Reviewed 19 March 2006

We recently took an 11 day trip to Beaches Boscobel. This was our third year in a row to this resort. We ran in to a couple who told us about this site and how they were glad that they didn't listen to some of the recent negative feedback. When we got home we were astonished to read some of the feed back posted.

I would like to tell you about our experiences at Beaches Boscobel.

FOOD: There is plenty of it...and many choices. If you are looking for picture perfect plate arrangements, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for good solid cuisine and something for everyone to enjoy you have found the spot!

POOL: The water is clear and free of floating objects except for the actual pool floats and the people. The pool staff are constantly cleaning in and around the pool are and the patio is powerwashed daily.

BEACH: I have seen the complaints that the beach is small; It is not 7 mile beach in Negril, however there is room enough for everyone to enjoy. Seaweed is a part of the marine and ocean life but it is raked accordingly to keep the beach beautiful. The roped off swimming area might be small, but I believe this to be a safety measure for the children, as I saw plenty of adults swimming outside the roped off area. There are local vendors in the water and on one side of the dock, they are friendly and respectful allowing you to browse and not always buy.

ENTERTAINMENT: If you are fortunate enough to go to Beaches Boscobel you will encounter "funpals". They are part of the entertainment staff that run the daily and nightly activities. They are great with kids and they are there to make your vacation FUN!!!!!

CONCEIRGE: If you have a room with concierge service you will not be let down. The entire concierge staff will make you feel like you are the President Of The United States. They will bend over backwards to fulfill your every request (with in reason).

KIDS CAMP: My now 7 year old daughter has been going to Beaches Boscobel Kids Camp since she was 4 years old. The staff at the camp has not changed over the past 3 years. As a parent this is comforting, as she recognizes (as they do her)everyone when we go back. They are very attentive to your child and your child's needs including applying extra suntan lotion and safety during daily activities is always enforced. I have NEVER seen any child mistreated or neglected.

If you are looking for a solid vacation at a reasonable price, filled with fun, great service, good food, a happy staff and some of the nicest people we have ever met give Beaches Boscobel a try.

If you have any questions feel free to email us at jberlin@optonline.net

• Stayed: March 2006
21  Thank SHBtravel
A TripAdvisor Member
boston
Reviewed 11 March 2006

I just got back From Beaches Boscobel in Ocho Rios Jamaica. I went with my 2 best friends... We had the best time... The resort & the staff we the best. There is plenty to do for families with kids or just a few friends hanging out.. The Italian Restaurant was so nice & Eleanor for the adults (16&over) was awesome. No hidden extra charges to eat at any of the Specialty restaurants.. If you have kids you & your kids would love place.
The only bad thing I can say about this place ,other than having to leave ,Was the 2+hr bus ride..Not that it was a bad ride just long... If you do not mind spending an extra $97 a person ,you can take a small plane from the airport in mbj to ocho rios.. It is about a 20-25 min flight...

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, TN.
Reviewed 10 March 2006

Just got back from Beaches Boscobel. (2/25/06-3/4/06 My family had a great time. We have two kids ages 9 and 5 and they did not want to leave. If you dont want to be around kids, dont go to this resort.The kids had a ball at the kids camp and nightly shows, and the employees went above the call of duty with the kids. Yes the resort definately wouldnt be considered a 5 star resort in the states, keep in mind this is Jamaica. Yes there are cats around the resort, but they did not bother anyone that I saw. We were upgraded to an ocean front terrace without even asking. The staff took our orders for the mini bar and kept it stocked. The beach is small but Im not a beach walker anyway. The food was pretty good at the restaraunts we tried. Friday night was lobster night at the buffet and the lobster were pretty tasty. Many of the employees knew my family by name after a couple of days and they couldnt have been friendlier. The only real complaint I had was the ride from the airport. It took us three hours to arrive, but only two hours on the return trip. I would advise anyone not to take a short vacation to this resort due to the travel time involved. All in all we were pleased with the vacation and would consider returning.

• Stayed: February 2006