“Quick casual cuisine and yummy desserts”
Review of Kafe Koala

Kafe Koala
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Stop at Kafe Koala as you enjoy traveling around the Great Ocean Road. Visit Kennett River and enjoy the natural surroundings of Australian wildlife. See the Koalas close by (sometimes they wander into the shop) feed the King Parrots (yes they will eat out of your hand, bird seed available) or just enjoy the bush surrounds next to the beach. Drop into Kafe Koala for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or just a snack or refreshment. Great coffee, juice and drinks, award winning pies and pasties, home made cakes and biscuits, fresh salads and sides, ice cream etc... We have it all. A trip down the Great Ocean Road just isn't the same without stopping at Kennett River, pop in and say g'day.
Reviewed 8 November 2022 via mobile

I was on a tour for the Great Ocean Road. I enjoyed my falafel wrap and strawberry rhubarb tart. I also picked up a Vanilla Coke and magnets. I also bought a healthy muffin with grains and fruit. Just watch out for birds as they’re eager to share. Keep an eye out for the in the trees.

Date of visit: October 2022

Reviewed 28 May 2022

Stopped in here for coffee and hoping to spy a koala. Coffees were great, as was the seating area out front in the sunshine. Lots of snack options and friendly service .. and we saw some koalas! (directly across the road on a street full of gum trees)

Date of visit: May 2022
Reviewed 13 February 2022

Was recommended to me on the drive from Geelong to Apollo Bay and did not disappoint. All sandwiches etc are made that morning by the owner and are fantastic. Also the young chap behind the counter is so friendly and gives tips on where to see the koalas in the wild nearby. A high light stop....

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 14 August 2021

We were told there is t much inbetween towns so we were a bit stuck at Kennet river with this really only being the place to choose to grab food from. This is really more of a convenience stop more than anything.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 9 May 2021

We visited Kafe Koala while cycling the great ocean road. The cafe had a great relaxed vibe and I was blown away by some of the unique and delicious homemade offerings.
On sundays the owner sells homemade beignets, which are like french donuts. They were soft, light and fluffy and had a wonderful subtle flavour of orange running through the.. they were seriously addictive!
My partner had a bacon and egg roll, and I tried the spinach and cheese borek. Both were really tasty too. I wish I tried the homemade sausage rolls because they looked really good!
I found the service to have been very friendly and prompt. This was a real gem in our travels.

Date of visit: May 2021