Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$1,390
View deal
Booking.comUS$1,390
Agoda.comUS$1,390
Trip.com
Destinia.com
All reviews ocean view plunge pool amazing views food options high end many times ceviche night stay five star turtle release our honeymoon punta mita without hesitation get away unique experience outdoor bathtub bug spray
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2021

This is a very special property. It has the magical lushness of the rainforest, the beauty of the ocean and beach, and the culture of Mexico. The rooms are beautiful, the staff are so friendly, helpful and delighted to serve. There are SO many places to relax and enjoy from the pools to the two beach options. Any requests or issues we had were handled with such grace by the management, we really appreciated the personal interactions with us. The spa is fantastic and an oasis in the middle of the rainforest. The energy of this land is deeply healing and we felt blessed to have a week.

I read many reviews before we came because we travel a LOT so I'll speak to some of the "negative" comments here...the buggy issue: there were only a few times we had to wait a bit longer than desired but we were in paradise so just took in the view! It did not happen often AND it's possible to walk which we enjoyed. The food: yes sometimes options were slim, especially with food restrictions, but what we had was always delicious and if there was ever a problem, it was handled. I feel like the other more negative comments here on the reviews have been addressed by the hotel.

And we have already booked our trip back so that says a lot :)

1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

The hotel is new and stunning. The Villas are very modern and stylish, and most of them offer truly spectacular views and privacy.

Unfortunately, though, there are a lot of things to be improved in the hotel.

The restaurants in the hotel are decent, but far from being exquisite or top notch. For an ultra luxurious hotel, the dishes seem uninspiring and the execution could be improved tremendously.

The service was mostly well intentioned, but with very little polish and sophistication. Ironically, the ladies working in guest service were the most rude and unapologetic people I have ever seen working in hospitality. Additionally, quite a few situations came to light due to inappropriate communication throughout my stay.

Finally, there were inaccuracies in the final bill, which I did not even have the energy to contest and just paid up and asked my travel agent to fix it with them later.

Overall I think the property has a lot of potential, but judging by my stay I would most certainly not recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank JeanFelipeL1
Reviewed 20 April 2021

We stayed in a treehouse ocean view which was absolutely breathtaking. The beds were extremely comfortable - best nights of sleep I've had in a while. The beach is very swimmable with some nice amenities like floats, SUP, kayaks, etc. The food & drinks were all very delicious. And lastly, the staff was so gracious, friendly, accommodating and really made our experience unforgettable. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2021

First, the positives. The room was spectacular. We stayed in a panoramic tree House. Very Unique and private. The staff was warm, friendly and happy to assist. Serge the GM was very hands on and seemed to be almost everywhere. Our Butler Hector was outstanding. I thought Breakfast was great. Also enjoyed our time at Canalan Beach club. Sunsets are Gorgeous. Very ECO Friendly. Never felt crowed even on a very busy Easter Weekend. Now the items that need work. Communication.- We were never told about a turtle release until it was already fully committed. Never received list of fitness classes, never told about pop dinner. That is something to work on. Also service seems to lack the special touch's of other luxury resorts like Rosewood Mayakoba and other One & Only properties. We never received an amenity at turn down, No-one ever offered to clean sun glasses. We were also never offered a pool or beach amenity. One night Housekeeping left trash bags on our patio. Housekeeping never replaced Q tips. Also no facial soap in room. I also though the menu and food at Carao could use improvement. I think when it is open a little longer this resort has great potential.

2  Thank andrewsteinberg
Reviewed 7 April 2021

My husband and I went 3 nights and wish we would have stayed at least one (or many) more. What a breathtaking place! I had heard mixed reviews on the service, but our experience was amazing. Staff did everything to make us feel at home. We stayed at a ocean view cliff villa and it is one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed at. Definitely worth the upgrade from a treehouse, which is also incredibly nice but the pool and terrace are not private. The spa and wellness program is first class. Reach out to Alejandro Ortiz, the wellness director, who will guide you on how to make the best of your experience. The spa facilities and some of the classes (we tried the breathing class) are free for hotel guests.
Although I would not necessarily describe this hotel as a family hotel, the kids zone is the best I have seen. It has big grounds with tree houses, an aviary, and many games.
We spent our days in the swimming pool by the beach (the ones upstairs had amazing views but too quiet for us) and Mandarina´s beach club (right outside the hotel) which we loved and had the best restaurant- italian food and Karla, their lovely chef.
The only drawback was that there are only 2 restaurants open for dinner- and one of them is by Enrique Olvera- a chef known for his high prices and small portions. We did not really enjoy dinner there. Adding a new restaurant would be a great idea so that we can have different options.
Serge the manager was always checking that we were made feel at home.

Date of stay: March 2021