3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$1,390
View deal
Booking.comUS$1,390
Trip.comUS$1,390
Agoda.comUS$1,390
Destinia.com
All reviews ocean view plunge pool amazing views food options high end many times ceviche night stay five star turtle release our honeymoon punta mita without hesitation get away unique experience outdoor bathtub bug spray
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

I stayed alone here for a week and had an amazing time, way better than my already high expectations. The service quality was so high; everyone was friendly and eager to help with anything. The ocean view treehouse was private and pristine, housekeeping service was inobtrusive and excellent, and the service at the restaurants and pools/beach bars was great. It was so nice to be outside all the time in such a beautiful location. The two beaches were both really nice, as were the tennis facilities. I never experienced any delays with buggies or service as a few reviews mention. Seems like they have really worked out the kinks since opening — I was so sad to leave and I hope to go back, soon!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2021

I really wanted to love this place because it is beautiful, but unfortunately, the service is subpar.
The rooms are stunning, the food is delicious, and the staff if friendly.
Unfortunately, the service is more three star than what you’d expect from a five star One & Only hotel. Communication amongst the staff (in terms of arranging a buggy which is necessary at this resort) is non-existent. Servers are super-friendly but don’t know what you’re talking about when you order a latte. Perhaps what irked me the most is that I was overcharged for my stay—please pay attention to your credit card statement after staying here.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Wanderlustsid
Reviewed 24 April 2021

This is a very special property. It has the magical lushness of the rainforest, the beauty of the ocean and beach, and the culture of Mexico. The rooms are beautiful, the staff are so friendly, helpful and delighted to serve. There are SO many places to relax and enjoy from the pools to the two beach options. Any requests or issues we had were handled with such grace by the management, we really appreciated the personal interactions with us. The spa is fantastic and an oasis in the middle of the rainforest. The energy of this land is deeply healing and we felt blessed to have a week.

I read many reviews before we came because we travel a LOT so I'll speak to some of the "negative" comments here...the buggy issue: there were only a few times we had to wait a bit longer than desired but we were in paradise so just took in the view! It did not happen often AND it's possible to walk which we enjoyed. The food: yes sometimes options were slim, especially with food restrictions, but what we had was always delicious and if there was ever a problem, it was handled. I feel like the other more negative comments here on the reviews have been addressed by the hotel.

And we have already booked our trip back so that says a lot :)

1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

The hotel is new and stunning. The Villas are very modern and stylish, and most of them offer truly spectacular views and privacy.

Unfortunately, though, there are a lot of things to be improved in the hotel.

The restaurants in the hotel are decent, but far from being exquisite or top notch. For an ultra luxurious hotel, the dishes seem uninspiring and the execution could be improved tremendously.

The service was mostly well intentioned, but with very little polish and sophistication. Ironically, the ladies working in guest service were the most rude and unapologetic people I have ever seen working in hospitality. Additionally, quite a few situations came to light due to inappropriate communication throughout my stay.

Finally, there were inaccuracies in the final bill, which I did not even have the energy to contest and just paid up and asked my travel agent to fix it with them later.

Overall I think the property has a lot of potential, but judging by my stay I would most certainly not recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank JeanFelipeL1
Reviewed 20 April 2021

We stayed in a treehouse ocean view which was absolutely breathtaking. The beds were extremely comfortable - best nights of sleep I've had in a while. The beach is very swimmable with some nice amenities like floats, SUP, kayaks, etc. The food & drinks were all very delicious. And lastly, the staff was so gracious, friendly, accommodating and really made our experience unforgettable. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel