Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$1,350
View deal
Agoda.comUS$1,350
Trip.com
All reviews ocean view amazing views plunge pool get away many ways couldn t food options ceviche lunch and dinner punta mita five star each morning three times our honeymoon turtle release food was amazing many times
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2021

We stayed her for a week in August in a 1 bedroom suite. We really liked it!

The property itself is great. The jungle is really cool and just so different from where we live. It was easy to chill at the pools. The beach was fun. In August, the water was so , so warm and it's not deep. So you can basically just go in the water and stay there. Jumping off the dock is really cool. The water isn't super clear as it was the rainy season. The water is clean though - just kind of silty. We did SUP 3 of the days we were there.

As far as food, we were generally very happy. Alma was great for breakfast and lunch. The dinner was not anyone's favorite. Caroa was great! I loved all the vegetarian options. The Italian place at the beach club was also a treat. Sitting that close to the sand was just really fun. There was even a turtle release one of the nights we were there.

We had a 1 bedroom suite. We requested (and were given) a room that was walkable. From our room, it took 4 minutes to get to Alma and it was 5 minutes from Alma to the beach. Walking was totally do-able as long as you were dressed for it. There can definitely be a wait for a buggy to pick you up at your room. It's quicker if you are leaving a restaurant.

As far as how this property compares to other 5 star resorts, I'd agree w/ the other reviewer who said this property was a bit like going to Bali or Thailand. It's the villa vibe. In some ways, this property reminded me of early 2000s Bali .... really cool design and then some funny things (see below).

Funny things
* There are just some weird design and construction things that they will be working through in the next several months. Our shower drain didn't really work (because of the design) so the WC flooded every time we took a shower, which was annoying. I know some roofs were also leaking. My guess is that they'll sort through these things in the coming months.
* There were a few guests there who seems to spend their entire visit trying to create instagram-able moments. I hope they stopped to enjoy things.
* You're in the jungle, bring your bug stuff.

Other things we liked
* We all really liked the property itself. It was fun to see the horses and just to have the hills and the jungle. I doubled my move goal almost every day we were there.
* Compared to going to Cabo, there is definitely not a pool party scene. We liked this.
* This property is definitely very Mexican. The pace is very different and the crowd is different, which we liked.

Room tip: If you want walkable, ask for it.
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Plantriptoday
Reviewed 15 August 2021

Unique property set in the jungle with exceptional service, amenities and activities. The spa and wellness program was unlike any other resort property we have been to. We were planning the next trip when we departed!

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2021

My husband and I wanted to go somewhere unique and different for our babymoon and my birthday. This was for sure a great location to choose. We were able to disconnect and really get to spend time just my husband and I. The resort was gorgeous and somewhere I hope to go back to one day!

Reviewed 15 July 2021

Absolutely amazing resort. The location is like nothing else we've experienced to date. Our room (Villa 309) was impeccably appointed with premium materials, finishes and interesting details throughout. The food at all three in-resort restaurants was world class. The service we received from literally every employee was above reproach. Everyone spoke perfect English and was very attentive to our needs. The beach was beautiful, sandy, clean, sufficiently insolated from waves, and only accessible by guests of the hotel. I tried one excursion (2h of mountain biking) and I was thoroughly satisfied with their trails and the equipment. Overall one of the best vacations we've ever had.

2  Thank philb3d
Reviewed 13 July 2021

Babymoon trip for our first baby! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the One&Only Mandarina. The property is exceptional! Beautiful scenery and lots to do. You may wait extra long on a buggy but the property is walkable.