“Very tasty lunch”
Review of The Station House

The Station House
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Edenderry
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Description: New to the midlands is the fabulous Station House, it's beautiful modern decor and outside food will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I was in Edenderry recently with my daughter and we were going to grab a quick sandwich in a garage. I said to her why not have a look around the town and see if there was a nice pub/restaurant. We spotted The Station House.
It is a fine pub serving food, plenty of televisions( Sports Bar look).
I went for Black Clonakilty pudding with smoked bacon salad and topped with a poached egg, Laura had soup of the day( vegetable) and had an Italian chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread with taco sauce, onions and tomatoes.
My dish was absolutely full of flavor and the egg was cooked to perfection(runny when pierced).
The soup was most definitely homemade, great flavor and she left only the pattern on the plate after the ciabatta.
The staff were most welcoming.
I would make sure to revisit next time I am in the town

1  Thank Paul M

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I called in for an impromptu visit to the Station House. I was welcomed, as ever, like the last of the big spenders! Initially, I only ordered a pot of tea which was promptly served along with a little chat. It was like visiting friends. It's always a pleasure.

And it was the normal way to treat their customers. I read my paper and enjoyed the interactions which were going on around me. I love people watching. There were couple, families and groups all having lunches and sandwiches or soups and cuppas and drinks. Everyone was welcomed and treated respectfully.

Having sat for a while, I saw someone getting a gorgeous plate of bacon and cabbage - actually it was loin of bacon which was beautifully lean. I couldn't resist And ordered the same for myself. When it arrived, it was delicious. The portion of bacon was generous and the cabbage, unusually for a pub, was perfectly cooked. There was a lovely bite and lots of flavour in it. The mash which accompanied it was luscious. The white sauce was served in a little pot on the side which means one has the choice of where or if one wishes to use it. Naturally, being self indulgent, I used it all!

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch and went off happily to fulfil the rest of my duties for the day.

The Station House is a great addition to Edenderry and will, hopefully, continue to get lots of good custom and so, continue to serve its clientele to the same high standard. Btw, the lunch was €10.00 which I consider excellent value.

1  Thank contactcarmel
Reviewed 12 February 2018

The food is great.I had the slow-cooked beef, best I've tasted in years. The atmosphere was busy but very convivial. Staff very friendly and efficient.

I recommend it. Will be back.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This is one of those places that makes you feel so welcome the minute you go through the door. The staff here are amazing. The food is fabulous and nothing is too much trouble to prepare. They presented my friend with a lovely ice cream treat for her birthday too
The chicken and pasta was gorgeous. Salads were perfect. Steaks were to die for. Try this place. You won't be disappointed. Prices are good too

1  Thank lforlinda
Reviewed 10 February 2018

First visit here since new ownership. Was down from Northern Ireland visiting my eldest son and it was also my daughter's 13th birthday. Altogether six of us had food ranging from burgers, Cajun chicken and pasta. Food was exceptional down to the last chip. All the staff were friendly and went the extra mile to make this a enjoyable and rememberable evening. Prior arrangement was made to bring out a birthday cake and the staff sang happy birthday along with us and wrapped up leftover cake for us to take home with us. The Station House is definitely on to do list next time in Edenderr.

1  Thank jimmydfish