“Great food and atmosphere ”

Fire Rock Burgers & Brews
Ranked #11 of 71 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My family and I came here our first night in Big Bear and were pleasantly surprised. The burgers were fantastic. My wife had a veggie burger that she really enjoyed because it wasn’t the typical bean patty. The tots were super addictive! Lastly the beer selection was top notch. Over all highly recommend Fire Rock for any visit to Big Bear!!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We came here and didn't get a burger, so I can't review what they're known for but I can review the wings and milkshakes.

The milkshake was delicious and instagrammable. As a millennial, I appreciate the extra effort put forward to make the milkshake aesthetically pleasing.

The wings were just how I like them - crispy and jumbo. This place was the best meal I had on the strip of Big Bear Village.

They lost a star, though, because we popped in a few days earlier on a slow off-season Sunday and asked if we could watch the hockey playoff game on the tv (no one else was sitting at the bar at the time). I would have understood if the answer was no because someone had requested something else. But the answer was "We don't get that." It was on NBC. It just turned me off about the service since they could have asked us what channel it was on. I know I'm picky but in a touristy town in the off-season you had two people trying to camp out at your bar for 3-4 hours and spend lots of money on food and drinks. Service was nice, though, when we returned a few days later for dinner.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Great for lunch and nice place to catch a brew in the outdoor patio, it’s dog friendly and the staff is quick and attentive. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Had my first burger at fire rock. I would say that it’s the best burger served in Big Bear and I have be going there for over 35 years. There 28 blond beer is great and Refreshing too. I hunk that’s what it was called. Great service and fair price. What more can you ask for.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

After another burger spot, closer to our cabin, was closed we decided to go to Fire Rock in The Village. We were not disappointed. It’s a smaller place and it was dinner time, we were a party of 8, but walked in and luckily got seated right away. The vibe in the restaurant is entertaining and fun, our pre teen and teenagers even enjoyed it. Our waiter was excellent!