“Very pricey!”

Bone-Side Down Barbecue & Grill
Ranked #19 of 71 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Meat is excellent but the sides are nothing to write home about .
Corn muffins are from the grocery store and the corn may have been cooked and reheated several times .
There are a few outside tables and an outhouse like bathroom.
Pre order or get there early on a weekend or holiday.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

This is a small place with tables outside or takeout. They are only open Thursday through Sunday and close when they sellout. They are very friendly the barbecue and the sides are delicious. Don’t miss the brisket or the ribs.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This place has some great BBQ with generous portions! It seems that they open at 11:30 and are only open until they sell out making this a great lunch spot. My husband and I shared a combo plate with brisket and chicken with two sides of mac and cheese; It was plenty of food for the two of us and very good! This is definitely a go to spot whenever we visit Big Bear! They also have a great family meal option that includes 2lbs of meat, sides, and bread. Seating is outside only and parking seems limited...we decided to walk there and take the food back to our cabin to enjoy on the deck in the shade.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We were craving for BBQ while vacation last weekend, and when we Yelped it, we were surprised to find a 4 1/2 stars BBQ place. When we arrived at the location, we found a roadside stand and not too outdoor seating. They only open from Thursday (or Friday) to Sunday and close at 5pm or whenever they sold out the food (from what I heard from other patrons, they sold out a lot). So go early if you want to enjoy great food at a very reasonable price. The foods were perfect, we order quite a lot, and all of our foods were so tasty and tender, the service is also great, they will bring your order to your table and came back to check on everyone frequently. I love this place, I will definitely go back again next time I visit Big Bear.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I hosted a family reunion at the Marina Resort BBL, Ron Arteaga did a great job! Food was yummy, generous portions, very fair pricing! I would hire him again.