“Great for parties and functions”
Review of The Essendon Hotel

The Essendon Hotel
Get food delivered
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Essendon
Reviewed 10 April 2022

The Essendon Hotel is now well-established, and has developed a well-deserved reputation for hosting entertaining parties and functions, including birthday parties. The menu is diverse and there is a wide variety of beverages, including good quality wine and craft beer. The Essendon is a modern facility that has becomde a social centre for Essendon and the surrounding area.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed 20 March 2022

My 4th visit.
We arrived admittedly without a booking but had been there on other days and easily seated. The receptionist gave us a look when she saw the buggy. It said many things but mainly ‘ew a child’.
We were placed in an alcove and left. We weren’t offered a high chair and had to ask. By this time my granddaughter was wanting to run and we were told to not let her touch anything as the tables would have to be wiped . My daughter went up to order as we were being ignored. At this point a waitress came over. Personally I would have left. A waitress then came to us and by this time my granddaughter was hungry and fed up. Our drinks came and then the food. All placed directly in front of my granddaughter. Ever tried telling a 20 month old they have to wait as the food is too hot? We tried to eat and drink and decided to give up! I went to pay the bill and was asked if everything was okay. I started to say no but he didn’t want to listen. Our previous experience here was the same. Strangely the waitress appeared and wanted to clear the table but I said we hadn’t finished as we tried to clear up and finish our drinks standing.
This is not a child friendly eatery.
I’m not saying the food was bad it was fresh and hot ( though the spring rolls were over cooked but tasty ).
The cocktails were well made. I just didn’t feel welcome .

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank 0107ju
Reviewed 18 December 2021

Our first visit to the re-modelled venue was most enjoyable .
Lovely food , cheerful and attentive staff , and a great vibe !
A bit noisy , but it is good to be out again so that is not really a serious complaint .

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 17 August 2021

The Essendon Hotel has been rebuilt recently, and has developed a reputation for above-average food and drinks. The menu has a wide variety of dishes that will please most tastes. It has become well-known in the area for hosting successful functions.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 4 April 2021

We went here for dinner with friends and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. It was very busy, in parts a bit noisy with all the chatter. The hotel had been renovated and the bar is amazing. A very good cocktail and wine list, plus plenty of different types of beer. No entrees were ordered, as the mains were large enough. We had Beef Short Ribs, where the meat fell off the bone and was beautiful and tender. The Lamb Ragu was divine, A rich tasty tomato sauce with fresh pasta. The Ocean Trout was yum. Perfectly cooked, fresh, so damm good.
Service was great, with the staff having a chat and being very friendly.
I would recommend dining here, but ensure you make a booking to get in.

Date of visit: March 2021