See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

First my Review of the hotel, and later ill give some info of how to get there and general info about the islands.
1. Hotel Review:
Premises:
-Quite ok in general
-some parts of the building are kinda old
-bed was very good
-pool looked nice (didnt use it though)
-Rooms come with aircon, fridge and TV+DVD player (at least our room had one). But: TV was unuseable due to bad signal (VERY grainy)
-The powerplugs in our roon dont allow to use the european plug, like in most hotels in asia. Make sure you have an adapter with you.

Service:
-Staff is fairly kind
-Wifi didnt work at all (it comes wireless itself from somewhere. the antenna is on the roof. bad weather = no signal)
-food was quite good, but also pretty pricey (not much on the menu that is below 200peso)
-Breakfast is included, but only the continental one, which comes with 2 slices of toast, butter, nearly no jam at all, one small piece of fruit and free coffee/tea. that is not much more than you get in a hostel. you can upgrade to american (bacon and eggs) but that will cost you 100peso extra.
-transfer back to the port wasnt offered to us as a free of charge service. they called 300peso/6euro for that.
-they dont accept credit cards. so prebook and prepay it via agoda or make sure that you have enough cash with you (no ATM on camotes islands as far as i know)

Location:
-From consuelo port on Pacijan island it takes about 40min to nearly one hour to reach this hotel on poro island (its about 22km away from the port)
-a beach is not in walking distance (30mins by walking the hotel staff told us)
-nothing is around
-Great view over parts of the island and the see
-the location on tripadvisor is accurate (one review mentioned,that google maps is wrong)
-No usable internet connection with my Globe mobile sim card. Barley 2g signal.

We found it quite hard to get all information together in order to get here as foreigners. So following some additional information.
2. How to get to camotes island and this hotel:
-We started from manila and went by plane to cebu
-From airport we took an official registered airport cab to the northern bus terminal (costs around 200peso/4euro)
-then we got on a bus which passes through Danao (50peso/1euro per person, you pay on the bus).
-Danao is not the last stop, so its not mentioned on the signs. you have to ask people at the bus terminal to get to the right bus.
-the bus takes around an hour to Danao. the port is directly near the road, so just tell the ticket salesman on the bus, that you want to go to Danao Port in order to get to Camotes. They will drop you right at the port.
-there are several ferry companies which go to the camotes islands. most likely you will go with jomalia shipping, since they are the only ones, which depart several times a day (5.30am, 8.30 am, 11am, 2pm 5.30pm and 9pm)
-if you go with jomalia you will pay 180peso/3.50eur for non aircon and 200 peso/4eur with aircon
-the boat ride takes 2hrs and you arrive at consuelo port on Pacijan island
-motorbike, trike and van taxis are waiting for you
-prices are negotiable
-Our van taxi driver startet at 500peso /10euro for the ride to the my little island hotel. we ended at 300peso/6euro (we gave him 50peso extra later, cause we didnt know that it was that far and would take that long)

3. general info about camotes:
-Poro island has mostly bad mobile signals, at least with a Globe sim card. you wont be able to do anything with your smartphone, unless its something between 1am and 5am. and even then its just 2g. Only exception (as far as i know) is the area around Poro Port, which has a 3G cell.
-Pacijan island has some Globe 3g cells. One around the center/san francisco/the Fiesta Island Mall and at least one more at Santiago Beach. Dont know about the status with Smart, at least at santiago there is only 2g with Smart.
-Wifi connection in the hotels is mostly very slow and unstable
-if you need something necessarily, get it before you come to the camotes.
-there is a bigger mall on Pacijan, the Fiesta Island Mall. If you forget sth. you may be able to find it here
-As of today and as far as I know, there is still no ATM on the whole camotes islands. So make sure you have enough cash with you. Keep in mind, that you arent able to pay with credit card at every hotel here (santiago bay resort for example accepts credit cards, but not the my little island hotel). So whether you have enough cash or you prebooked and prepaid the room or you will need to get creative in order to pay the room ;)
-Camotes Islands are nothing special. If you are on a tight time budget, you may find better places on the philippines. If you travelled for a long time and you need a week or so off, go for it. its not very touristy, it has decent beaches, some caves, a lake... there is stuff to explore. but you will have seen better if you travelled through philippines for some weeks. After 3 months of travelling through Southeast Asia we enjoyed it here very much, by doing just nothing but relaxing.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cr4y
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

I was travelling as part of a group of 5 friends. The hotel is the former Mayors house and offers great views, comfortable rooms and good food.

On late arrival the staff kept the kitchen open and provided us with a feast including local delicacies and items such as squid. By Western and European standards the prices are extremely cheap and the food was well prepared and delicious.

We ate breakfast and again enjoyed the local options as well as the American breakfast options.

The hotel will arrange transport for you as well as providing free transfers to and from the port around 30 - 45 minutes away.

Internet on the island is sent wirelessly from Cebu, and tops out at 0.3 Mbps. The hotel provides this in the dining area and they tend to turn the router off when no one is around.

There is a big function room, a bar and a nice size pool ideal for cooling off in.

The hotel overlooks a sloping hillside that finds its way to the sea.

The rooms are comfortable with air conditioning and a balcony and satellite tv. There is a small fridge in the room to keep your bottles of water in.

The hotel have a laundry service, expensive by local standards as they price per item and not kilo but not expensive by western standards.

Overall a nice hotel but transport is essential.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank James E
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

As a friend got married in the only other hotel, the flying fish resort, I'll compare the two. Firstly my little island is in a amazing location, exception views, however at flying fish, the hotel is literally on the sea front. Possibly the best located hotel I've ever seen, great for a wedding. Wifi in my little island is only just useable, if your the only one on, sadly flying fish has wifi but it's absolutely terrible, unusable. I would say my little island is clean and nicely furnished, but a little tired, flying fish is in a better condition. Final comparison is the food, both excellent food at a excellent price, especially considering there are no real restaurants on the island, however I'd say the food in flying fish is just better if I had to chose. Some perks to my little island were free transfers and cheap rum, 25 paso per shot.
When I return, I will stay in the flying fish I think. No wifi is frustrating however you just can't beat them views

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank 1lukeyb
Reviewed 4 June 2015

We decided to end the Philippine summer by travelling as a couple to the Camotes Islands. As I have visited the islands several times prior and stayed at the resorts in San Francisco during those times, we decided to go to Poro this time and stay at the My LIttle Island Hotel. What we found was a hotel that was pretty far from all the attractions, perched on top of a hill/mountain and had amazing views of the sunset and the sea.

We loved the swimming pool and the jacuzzi but the clear winner was the small dipping pool that had a fountain. We stayed for hours there :)

Rooms are nice and cozy too.

Room Tip: I think the suites would be much better but the deluxe room is already good and inexpensive too.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

Jack Nicholson in the Shining took control of a hotel in winter and he went mad . . . . This hotel reminds me of that movie

It's weird place after staying here for 4 days at 1800 a night I have mixed views. On one hand it is a pleasant place to stay with a good swimming pool, tasty food and pleasant staff. On the other hand it is empty at night with no other guests other than me !

In the daytime the peace is broken by the locals who pay a fee to use the swimming pool and have birthday parties.mim not complaining because this is common in PH.

But don't be fooled that this is a top hotel, it isn't. It definitely cannot be making any money so how long it lasts I don't know but it's quirkiness makes it appealing in a strange way.

And good luck in finding it, Google maps is all wrong so I've uploaded a map location of its true position. Good luck.

Stayed: May 2015