“I wish I could score higher.”
Review of The Borough

The Borough
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Tawa
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Went to have dinner with a group and was hoping this would become a goof local eatery. I ordered the leek and potato soup which was below average in appearance and taste. The accompanying bread was good. The garlic flatbread my partner ordered was very yummy. I then had the pork belly. Love;y piece of meat but oh dear the crackling was very poor. Very, very salty (maybe the sauce/gravy) made the meal almost inedible. Hubby enjoyed his carbonara.
Atmosphere. I feel like an old fuddy duddy but the music was far too loud and led to shouted conversation. Luckily it was turned off or a lot lower as the night went on,

Management response:Responded 6 July 2018

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Maybe I’m a bit spoiled with great cafes and restaurants in my suburb in Lyall Bay, but I found the food here pretty disappointing, it wasn’t awful, just very average. The prices I would pay in LB would be about the same, and the the food quality much higher. On the positive side the staff were lovely and gave great service. I would probably visit for counter food and coffee, but not for food off the menu.

Management response:Responded 4 weeks ago

Hi Tania, We always aim to deliver a great experience. We’re gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We’ll use the feedback to make us better and to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Please accept our apologies and we hope that you'll give us a second chance.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our extended family and friends really enjoy this restaurant. We celebrated a birthday Monday and were told by the waitress that all main dinner selections were 'two for one'. We clarified this a second time when two in our party were ordering the steak choice. At the time of payment the cashier disputed the policy charging full price for the more expensive items and giving the reduction in price on the salad and pizza choices. If we had all ordered steaks I wonder how this would have been handled.

Management response:Responded 22 June 2018

Hi there, Ross the manager from The Borough here,
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, just to clarify the conditions on our 2-4-1 night.
For every two main meals purchased, the meal of lesser value is the meal that is complimentary.
We hope you enjoyed your meals, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We were blown away by the fantastic service tonight. All the staff who waited on us and at the POS were happy, friendly and professional. Our meals were beautifully cooked. Well done chef/kitchen crew !!!!! Awesome drinks selections too. We will definitely be back.

Management response:Responded 22 June 2018

Hey, thanks so much for rating us. We're pleased you had a great experience. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

It's a late autumn Thursday night, and almost all the tables are booked! Luckily, they have a space for just the two of us.
The first thing we notice is how friendly and helpful the staff are - high-fives all round.
A modest but excellent choice of NZ and some overseas wines. Local boutique beers as well as a good selection of the popular usuals
Thursday is steak-special night, and it's worth going for that if you like a good steak. I had the braised pork belly, and it was sumptuous - tender, succulent and lots of flavours.
To finish off I shared the deep-fried banana split with my wife. This was exceptional, and I don't often say that about most desserts. (secretly, I would have preferred not to share!)
Very happy to go back next time we are in Tawa

Management response:Responded 8 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you had a great time. It really made our day knowing that your experience exceeded your expectations. We will definitely be passing your feedback on to our staff as words of encouragement. We hope to see you again soon.