“Place is okay, Owner is very assistive”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palompon
Whispering Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Palompon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

This is one of the few lodges where you can stay in Palompon if you want to go to Kalanggaman the next day. I stayed here bec there were no vacancies in the other lodges probably bec a lot of tourists stayed in Palompon with the hope that next day the coast guards will allow boats to go to Kalanggaman since there was a typhoon during that time. I arrived here around past 8pm and there's no one to welcome guests. I entered their gate but stopped after a few steps as there are 2 dogs barking. The potpot driver continued to knock and luckily someone attended to us. I asked for a solo room but then the lady lead me to a room which has 3 beds. As far as I can remember this is the only room available. The room has an old small tv and aircon. Included in the room are 3 towels, tissue roll and soap. They also have a hot and cold shower. Upon entering the room, I approached the comfort room. But upon opening the door, a half palm-sized spider was on the wall. I asked the lady to deal with it and went out. When I get back, a smaller spider appeared that time. I wanted to refresh after a long day so I just went on with my thing. The hot shower didn't really made the water hot. I was really tired from going around Leyte but this place made me fall asleep at past 3 am. It sorta looked scary to me that's why.

The next day, at around 6 am, the lady knocked on my door to inform me that breakfast is already served. Night before she told me there's no breakfast included but yay! I was served a 3-in-1 coffee, pandesal and a sunny side up egg along with the news that after 2 days of no sail.. boats are now allowed. I was joined by the owner Inday Nita who happened to be a member of the tourism office. She called kuya Allan Toledo to assist me in the tourism office. She told me to finish my breakfast and prepare to go right away to the office. She asked her housekeeper to get me a potpot (pedicab) and instructed me to only pay Php5 and nothing more. She instructed the potpot driver where to bring me. Inday Nita was very assistive which made my stay better since I was kind of weary bec of the typhoon.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Joyce V
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Whispering Beach Resort is one of those few places on the planet where you can just sit and watch the world around you happen and be content in your serenity. A very peaceful place to visit.

The owner is a Nanay, (ni-ni), who is a retired teacher from Palompon. If you need to know anything about your surroundings she is your source. Nanay and her staff are what makes your stay above average. While the rooms are comfortable the real 4 Star rating come from the customer service which is delivered from the heart. If they don't roll out the red carpet for you...time for a mirror check cuz you're not a nice traveler!

Our room was 1500 pesos, (about 32 dollars US), and had sleeping accommodations for 4. The room also boasted a hot water shower, very rare in a small town hotel in the province. WiFi is available on the front porch which is the perfect place to sit with your morning coffee, (complimentary), and delete your emails. If you bring a car it is perfectly safe inside the compound.

Getting around the town is easy. The resort is about 3 blocks from the ferry terminal and there are Pot pots, (pronounced poot poot), which are a bicycle with a side car that will take you around for 10 pesos. There are also motorcycle trykes instead of taxis for longer rides. There is a good BBQ at the bus station at night where you can get dinner for 2 for under 200 pesos.

The phone # is 053-338-2135. They are not sitting on top of the phone so it may take several tries before they pick up, but it will be worth your time if you can get through.

Palompon is a sleepy little town in western Leyte. It is also the main stop before visiting Kalaggamon Island.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Palompon is limited in options and poorly prepared for tourists after Yolanda.
1. Their telephone works, so when trying to book a place to stay they answer the phone
2. The Matriarch owner, Juanita was a pleasure to meet and made the stay worthwhile
3. Hot and cold water
4. right in town and on the beach
5. quiet rooms
6. free coffee
7. FAST FREE WIFI!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
10  Thank DoggieSr
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I went to the Philippines to visit a lady friend of mine. She is a resident of Palompon and found this hotel a few hundred metres up the road from the centre of the town and situated, as the name would imply, by the beach. The price pre night was PHP1,000, but I got a discount for 17 nights and paid PHP800, which, at the time, equated to £11 (£12.50 at today's exchange)per day if paid in full in advance. The room we had was a little primitive, however, it had all that was needed, a bed, tv, shower, aircon. Instant coffee was freely available. The lady who owns the hotel was very friendly along with the 3 young ladies that she employed in return for paying for the completion of their education. The hotel has no restaurant facicilities, however, I was permitted to prepare a meal when I requested, in the main kitchen. Overall, the holiday was a great success, I am planning to return in a few months time. The date in the review title is the correct 1, this option was not available by the time I got around to writing the review.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank RaymondFB1950
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palompon
Don Felipe Hotel
#2 of 4 in Palompon
No photo provided
Diana's Guest Rooms
#2 of 7 in Palompon

Been to Whispering Beach Resort? Share your experiences!