“Very nice”

Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Montignac
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

It was one of the very few restaurant open on Monday. We were not disappointed. It has a special atmosphere, the food I really nice and the owner is very friendly and knows how to take care. It's been a very nice evening. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We have been to this restaurant many times in the past 4 years and have never been disappointed. The hearty food is reminiscent of the mountains with the platters of varied sausages, potatoes and cheese. The potatoes baked in a casserole are the best ever! There are many choices of fondue or remind me of fondue or raclette. You cannot go wrong with anything that you order. The meal includes a sparkling fresh green salad and the prices are very reasonable. It is open on Sunday evenings, one of the very few to be open in the town of Montignac on that night.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I had a marvelous dinner at La Chaumiere Montignac. The food was fantastic. I had duck and my wife had a dish with potatoes, onions, and beef. The owner is a character and gives great advice on food and wine. The greatest value for French food is in small towns such as Montignac. This is a meal we will long remember.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Small, cosy restaurant in the middle of town. Very French. The food was excellent and a bit (for me) unusual. There were the normal choices - my husband had the fixed price menu and said it was very good - but also some "assiette" I had the Assiette du Jura" - wonderful - thin slices of different meats, hot cheese and potatoes with a side salad. There were other assiettes which looked just as interesting,

As the restaurant is quite small by 8.15pm people were being turned away - suggest you book in advance.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Thanks! You need to fix the links to this restaurant. I hope that the phone number is good for when I visit in the Spring of 2017.

2  Thank Davi D