US$51
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$88
US$79
Basic Rooms Hotel(Tacloban)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$17
Priceline
The Loft Hotel(Tacloban)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$32
US$26
AIS Hotel(Tacloban)
US$24
US$22
Z Pad Residences(Tacloban)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$16
Priceline
Hotel Estrella(Tacloban)
US$52
US$39
All reviewsfish spanice poolrooms are cleanormoc citymini zooentrance feeget awaygreat for kidsfood was greatresortbeachanimalsswimminglotslunchiguanasgrounds
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Baybayon Ni Agalon Resort Hotel, I stayed there for 3 nights and I really like the ambience that they’ve put together with the wide green garden (I can say it was well-maintained), the beach, the pool with the view of the coconuts. It gives you this relaxing summer vibe.

Accessibility: The Resort is situated in Albuera, Leyte. It’s a 10-15 minute drive from the city of Ormoc. So if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Agalon Resort Hotel is perfect for that.

Room: It was very cozy. Full-on air-conditioning. The 3-in-1 coffee and Tea was a good touch to it aside from providing one free bottled water. I love the fact that you could always go out and breathe in the overwhelming beauty of its surroundings.

The food: You can budget around 200-300 per meal since a la carte good for 2 persons.

Service: The staff, specially the front desk was very friendly.

Noticeably, the resort is a go-to place for the typical Filipino family going out for the weekend. Monday was lot quieter, more serene, and you could fully enjoy a nice afternoon coffee while experiencing a glorious view of the sunset.

Overall, I would recommend this resort hotel for those who are having a wedding reception, honeymoon, birthdays and anniversaries, business conventions.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travelers T
BaybayonNiAgalon, Online Reputation Manager at Baybayon Ni Agalon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Happy Guest, Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care! :-)

Reviewed 9 April 2015

We went here for a day trip only and just stayed for lunch. This was the second time someone had brought me here, the first being a number of years ago. This place is a rocky beachfront with nice gardens and pools. Gets visitors who rent tables etc for lunch and day trips. Accommodation is available but we did not stay overnight.

For me it would be a great place if I was deaf or I could deal with multiple music sources playing bad music from all angles. A place like this, would be better with no music; far more relaxing because the gardens and pools are nice.

There are some animals, I saw a snake, a bird that can say a few words, an ostrich and/or emu (2), and some lizards in a pond which were interesting. Also of interest was the fish spa where you place your feet in a fish pond and they eat off all the gunk on your feet - that was the highlight of the stay.

As we were leaving they did have the snake out of the wire cage draped over a few shoulders (And at that point I could not wait to leave as someone decided it was a nightclub and started playing very loud thumping musac).

....I should note I do have noise issues and perhaps the Philippines is not the place for me. 90% of Filipinos must live in each others laps and would be subject to constant noise, so I can't see the appeal of going to a nice place and spoil it with noise they get at home.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet place then this is not for you
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Darren M
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family and I (about 9 of us all together) visited the Resort in July 2014.

DISGUSTING PLACE.

The rooms and service actually seemed quite nice. 'Seemed'. Being the keyword here. I will jump straight into the problem, and then tick off the lesser problems as I go.

The first night that we spent there(my partner and I were sharing a room on the ground floor), I was using the shower(About 9pm) after a long day in the Village. I hop out of the shower and look up to see SOMEONE LOOKING INTO MY ROOM. There was no frosted glass. No curtains. Just someone full on staring at me. I had probably been standing for about 30 seconds before I looked up. Of course they promptly ran away.

So we notify front desk of the situation. There was a guy at the desk(we spoke to him in Filipino). What does he do? NOTHING. No apologies, nothing to say that he is going to do anything about it. Does not even offer to go look around there. In all honesty - I believe it was him. As the Public do not have any access(apparently) to the Resort.

SO DISGUSTING!

We end up going around to see how they could possibly look into the room... You have to go through a utility room to get out the back. This door was wide open and unlocked, as well as the other door to this area was also unlocked and open. Suspicious. There is a chair pushed up against the wall to our room, so that they could look in.

What. The. Hell.

So I write them a letter(good use that will do) and lodge it with the front desk. I ask to speak to the manager the next day.

The next day. I am advised that the Manager is out and will not be at the hotel until about 2pm. That's fine. I rock up at 2pm - still no manager. She went home and wont be back 'til after the weekend.

What kind of establishment are these people running?

On the Monday, I again ask to see the manager. (It has been about 3 days since the incident and I have yet to receive an apology, or in fact a discount. I had been moved to a different room the next day though.) I'm told that there is actually no manager but they have a 'supervisor'. This Supervisor never contacted me the whole time I was at the resort, infact, blatantly ignored my every attempt to contact her. And when I did manager to catch her(I caught her walking around one time). I asked her what they're going to do about my situation, she just let me know that they're 'Looking into it' and my letter has been sent on.

So the staff at this Resort take absolutely no responsibility for anything untoward that may happen to it's guests. They do not offer any sort of apology, and in fact, they do not want to speak to you at all.

Could not believe what was going on here. I know that I can't compare it to our service standards in Australia, but I at least expected something from a place that was frankly OVER PRICED.

Now, to the other problems.

Pool: The pool is lined with ornamental rocks which are SHARP. One of our family members slipped over on them, because stepping on them was painful, and ended up with a large gash on his arm. We received no medical assistance from the staff even though there was blood everywhere.

Restaurant: Sub-par food. Even though they are aware that people are staying for the week(Westerners). There was no toast, no burgers, no breakfast food, no mangoes, no pineapples and they only had some drinks on the menu available. The food that we did get was disgusting, oily, tasteless. The glasses that we received were still dirty and smelt like ocean water. Hanging out in the Albuera Village and getting food from the markets is a much better option.

Rooms: Absolutely no pressure in the showers. We would sitting on the edge of the bath tab with the faucet dripping over us to try and get clean. Sometimes the rooms were not even made up for the day. So we ended up running out of toilet paper pretty quick. ALSO. I picked up a piece of soup from the sink and the so called 'marble blocks' that surrounded the water spout fell apart!!

Service: There are SO many staff working here, it's unbelievable that you can't even get good service. (No less that 5 people to make up your rooms) When we ordered drinks from the bar (Ice tea, coke, water etc) It took around 20 minutes to get anything. We repeatedly observed staff just standing around on their phones, laughing, talking and generally not moving for the whole day. Do not bother trying to negotiate on the price if there is a problem.

That is about it. The problems I faced on the first Day basically ruined the rest of the stay. Unfortunately we could not stay in our Families houses as there was so many of us, but sleeping on the floor, surrounded by mosquitoes and no Air conditioning would have been much more preferable to this place.

My advice is to go to Sabin Resort.

-Jess

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
41  Thank PoreShields
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The atmosphere in this Hotel is very relax yet very accommodating, aside from the early closing of the restaurant, the food is great and the rooms are big, the mattresses are big and thick not common to remote locations it nestled in. the staffs are really friendly and service very good.

Room Tip: Reserve early, they are normally full, and avoid the ostrich area.In the morning if you are lucky you can cuddle the white snake.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank rommelbarlin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited the resort last Apr 26 and checked out early morning the following day. These are my observations:

- the resort has a wide space with lots of amenities, e.g, swimming pool. function rooms, dining room for special events and occasions;
- the pool has two concepts, one for leisure and one for swimming which is good to cater to different people with different swimming needs;
- our room was clean and comfortable, neither too big nor too small and the bed was good enough for cuddling;
- it has a long beach front which have provided a good space for leisure walking;

But, on the other hand,
- the food sucks. They don't know how to prepare and cook breaded fish fillet. it was tough as hide I would have sworn it was made from mature cow;
- they serve nothing but instant 3-in-1 coffee and the water that comes with it is not purified affecting its taste;
- the beach front, though long, is full of stones and pebbles that sunbathing on it (which foreigners love to do) is impossible unless one wants lumps and bumps on his/her back; And walking on it or along it is not without the risk of tripping and falling on all fours.

The place was full of local tourists during my visit. If their intention is to market locally, I think all my observations would not be a concern. But if they intend to get a portion of the foreign tourists, then they should shape up to achieve that.

In a sense, only a free-of-charge stay can make me go back for another visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple