“Fabulous Sunday Roast”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A lovely Village Pub taken over by 3 Locals, they have turned it into a lovely restaurant and Bar with great quality english Food Serving 11am till 9pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30Am till 9pm Friday and Saturday excellent food throughout the day till 9pm On sunday they do a roast dinner which is best in area also other snack meals served 12-4pm We have sky sports and show sporting event also live music and entertainment Visit our Facebook page for more details royaloakbishopscleeve
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Met with friends and family for Sunday lunch, the food was excellent especially the roast beef. It just melted in the mouth. Good choice with 4 choices of meat, Friendly and helpful staff too, we weren't rushed, felt relaxed. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stopped in here for a meal Friday evening on my way home from visiting a friend. I had a sirloin which was excellent. Tasty steak and chips to die for. All hot and I mean HOT. I ate in the bar which was a bit noisy but it was clean and comfortable. Service was pretty good anf friendly. Obviously popular with the locals the pub is kinda ordinary but nothin wrong with that and the food is well above average.

1  Thank macburner
Reviewed 12 July 2017

a jolly nice old fashioned sort of pub, real pub, no fake books nailed to the shelves, nice pubby smell, good bar food selection, lots of seating, little alcoves and quiet areas. shame about the Tv's! good beer selection. lovely friendly blind dog, wanted so much to take it home!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

On the recommendation of my son and daughter a table was booked for Fathers Day and a very good choice it was. Easy parking, excellent service and a brilliant Sunday roast, both in quality and quantity, with a great selection of vegetables. We went for the three course option and we were all more than satisfied with all our choices, starters soup for me, pate for the others, pork and beef mix Sunday roast for all, followed by apple pie and custard for me and aero mint cheesecake and ice cream for the others. Friendly and efficient staff and locals, my wife winning a bottle of wine in the weekly 'meat' raffle! Nice comfortable garden to relax in after the meal. Will return.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I have eaten here a few times over the years, and have reviewed it before. We had a street fair in the village on Sunday so took my Mother with me. We decided to go in the "Oak" for something to eat, BIG MISTAKE!!!
I ordered the wholetail scampi and my Mother had a steak baguette.
Firstly, it was not wholetail scampi. It was raw inside and quite obviously from the nearby supermarket. The peas were so hard that they were actually inedible. The few chips that came with the meal were cold. The tartare sauce was putrid.
My Mothers steak was cooked ok, but hardly any of it. The baguette was huge, but the filling was not. Salad was ok, but again small. Chips cold too.

8  Thank cava007