1,175 results
All reviews across the road ramada resort indoor lap pool one bedroom apartment relaxing weekend king bed lounge area mid week full kitchen spa bath large balcony school holidays short drive aqua spa heritage building spas bay
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful weekend if you are after a nice quiet weekend away this is the place for you . We stayed in the Barrington part of the complex our apartment had wonderful views of the bay although our room was off to the side it didnt impede our view at all. The room was spotless bed comfy the staff very friendly and helpful .. If you want an awesome feed highly recommend the sandyfoot cafe wonderdul food and service an absolutely lovely getaway would highly recommend the ramada resort hotel

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jrmce
Ramada S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Shoal Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Shoal bay.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, i am so glad that you enjoyed your time at Shoal Bay.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

1 bedroom sea view deluxe with spa. Very quiet great Thai restaurant nearby. Heaps to do. Spas great. Lap pool indoors. Only thing is not serviced daily but we were told. Pool towels supplied. Free wifi was great. Not far to Nelson’s bay & salamander bay shopping centre.

Room Tip: Sea view with balcony was quiet
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, I apologise that you were not made aware that our resort is non-serviced if you require anything during your stay then reception would be able to supply this for you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

My family spent the weekend in a 3 bedroom apartment (Breakwater building).

This building is towards the back of the resort and had it's own spa and pool.

The apartment was a great size and well equipped. Only couple of faults was there were not enough towels (we just used the pool towels), one of the bedroom lights did not work and the master room bathroom sink was linking.

Other then that we had a pleasant stay and would recommend this place to stay.

The 3 different spas available were amazing.

I was disappointed that the countryclub was closed due to renovations.

Sandyfoot Cafe and Bar is the only one currently open.

Another disappointing remark regarding my families stay is that my siblings had separate rooms/bookings fully paid prior to arriving and both were told it was not paid and they were to pay, however the manner in which they were asked to provide proof of payment was rude and uncalled for.

Other than dealings with the reception at checkin we did not have any interaction with staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria B

Dear Valued Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I apologise that you incurred some maintenance issues during your stay and I will follow up with the team about the check in procedure.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We were told to pay for the room upfront at the check in time even though it was prepaid at booking time. I had to pull out my bank statement from online banking to show the receptionist as she demanded the proof of payment instead of her checking their system.

There are cups and glasses prepared in the room but they were all stained and greasy. Didn't want to use them at all. And I found an opened used milk inside the fridge which I don't even know how long it was sitting in there.

Location is great but I don't think we will stay here again, there were some disappointing points and made us feel uncomfortable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mamifah
Ramada S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Shoal Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

It's disappointing to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us so we can improve our product.
We intend for all of our guests to have a comfortable stay, but it sounds like something has gone wrong and we've missed the mark on this occasion.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This place really has no faults, the rooms are spacious and clean. It is close to the beach and has several places near by where you can eat. Some of their own restaurants were going under refurbishment but that didn't impact the stay whatsoever. The only thing that stopped this place from getting a better rating was that they had a wine salesperson at the door of the reception who was trying to sell membership to a sister company which was a bit over the top and not something we wanted to approached about on a relaxing weekend

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple