All reviewsclose to the airportlaunceston airportearly flightclosest accommodationroom was cleangood sizefree wifihired a carlaunceston areanext morningnew ownerssplit levelsitting areadefinitely stay here againreception deskroom rateconvenient location
Reviewed 19 June 2018

when i went to check in i was greeted by a girl more like a junky prostitute than a receptionist immediately wanting my credit card and telling me i must pay upfront , when i refused she called the manager and wow didnt he have credit card fraud written all over him . needless to say didnt stay . ps . mr so called manager dont reply with the '' ill sue you '' line unless u want to follow through . if so BRING IT ON IVAN !!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank markone2018
Abeltas614, General Manager at Abel Tasman Airport Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, have a great day.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The room we were given was sub standard. The light bulbs in the shower and toilet needed to be replaced. It was so dark. The beds were so creaky and hard. Lighting very dim in the main room.
Pillows were extremely thin!! The tap in the bathroom dripped continuously. Grimy controls on the heater. Enough said!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie B

Thank you for your feedback, we have addressed thoses issues that you mentoned, have a great day.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

On first site this motel had ideas well above its station. The cost of the room bore no relationship to the tired and depressing room. The TV was not working in the room so the on-site "manager" came to fix it. This involved 10 minutes of foul language and totally disrespectful comments about previous guests of the motel. I was taken aback and offended when guests were also referred to as "retards". I had assumed that as a civilised country and people we no longer use degrading and offensive language but this clearly had not made its way to the Able Tasman.
Once I had got over the tirade I looked a little closer at my surrounds and found notes around the room about the extra charge if you did not wash your dishes and where you should empty your rubbish bins. So I am not sure what I was paying for.
I choose never to stay at the Able Tasman and will certainly not recommend it to ANYONE.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lexiim803

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

What a crap hole! From the moment we stepped foot in the door we had a bad time! The man at the front desk was rude and had absolutely no social skills, no idea why he would be put on to deal with customers!!
Then our room was no better, the first thing we noticed was a huge dirty mark on the bed we pulled back the sheets to examine further and it was full of little black hairs and a tissue! Clearly the sheets aren’t being changed daily, they were filthy and smelly and the pillow had what looked like makeup smudges, the quilt had no cover and had what looked like BLOOD stains all over it and the underlay had piss stains???? disgusting!!!! Not only was my bed filthy but the kids as well, someone had slept in these beds with god knows what germs/diseases and did god knows what and we were expected to sleep in them??? We couldn’t even sleep on top with the spare blanket because that was filthy and stained too!
The room itself stank of mould, there was no hot water, dirt and dust covered everything, the “clean” towels were marked, hairs all over bathroom floor, the cutlery was filthy, the carpet was filthy, the paint is chipping off the walls, there’s holes in the carpet, the shower was filled with black mould, when we pulled back a bed to access a power point to charge our phone it looked as though it’s never been vacuumed under the beds.
I have never been so disgusted in my life, not only by the state of the place but by how we were treated when we approached the man at the desk to ask for a room change.

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN IN MY LIFE AND I WARN OTHERS NOT TO ASWELL

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank L_Rhodes89
Abeltas614, General Manager at Abel Tasman Airport Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks for the feedback Rhodes89. You could have contacted reception during your stay as we could have given you another room. It also appears that you have had a bad day so you pile up the negativity then you blast the property. I hope that you find peace within yourself and get rid of your anger (life is toooo short to be that angry)

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Used this hotel for a night before catching a early flight. The room was really old. And extremely cold. Heater as high as it could go, and still freezing. Got extra blanket, it smelt like Mould. Would I recommend or stay again? No. Convenient location for the airport. Maybe summertime might be better.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for the feedback nicolehM8459JU. You could have contacted reception if you have experienced any issues durring your stay (we could have given you another room)