All reviewsthe pubyew treeexcellent beerevening buffetopen kitchenmixed grillgenerous portionsattending a weddingmashtiny villagegood sizecooked to perfectionlovely gardensunday lunchspacious roomvisiting the areastayed here for two nights
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We booked an evening meal for a party of six (4 adults, 2 children) an hour ahead and arrived to find everything nicely set out for us in an airy comfortable dining room. The car park was well populated which was encouraging, but in the light our good experience, not entirely surprising. The menu was limited but nicely varied, and we all found something very much to our taste. When it came the food was absolutely first-class, as were the desserts that followed. The service was timely and attentive, but never intrusive. We all agreed that we had had a superb meal, that represented excellent value. As the dining room filled up there was a really good ambience created. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter F
trewern, Manager at Trewern Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you very much, we are glad you all enjoyed.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and it was a very pleasant stay, we was a party of 6 attending a wedding at another venue. My husband and I had the breakfast every morning and it was well cooked and tasted lovely.The staff were very friendly especially the young girls. Rooms comfortable but do need a update. Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank margaretsP233XA
trewern, Manager at Trewern Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We went for a wedding which was at another hotel but this one was better. The staff were friendly and always had a smile on their faces. The hotel was clean and tidy albeit rather dated, but I think it added to its character. The food was very well presents and cooked to perfection. We had a carvery on Sunday and it was better than some that I have eaten in my home town. The prices were very reasonable we were not shocked. I would go back there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank zannahbird
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days and it was nice place and nice staff and cheap even though it was school holidays room was nice and big and staff where really nice would deff return and had wifi in the rooms

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen F
trewern, Manager at Trewern Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my family went to the Trewern arms for dinner. On arrival the barmaid was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We walked in to the restaurant area that looked like something from Fawlty towers. Very dated no atmosphere and the music they were playing was awful. We ordered food my 2 youngest ordered "Home cooked ham" this ended up being a slice of normal ham that you would get from Tesco or any other supermarket. I had the mixed grill which at £19.95 was very over priced the meat was all overcooked and tough even though I asked for my lamb and beef steak to me served medium. My egg had egg shell in it and my chips the same as all of our chips were just underdone oven chips... All in all not a great experience...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family