All reviews partridge hollow tree country pub festive menu pub with rooms for sunday lunch food order breakfast was included an evening meal comfortable bed great room a lovely stay stayed for one night bar area rocket roundabout starters
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Lisa the manager made us feel so very welcome. To be sat by a cosy log fire was a real treat for us on a rare night away from the children. Even withstanding the current restrictions, masks , social distancing etc, the evening was still a great experience. We had the festive menu and every part of it was perfect. Lucy our server was bubbly and attentive. 10/10 just does not do The Partridge justice. P.s the impromptu espresso martini was incredible according to my wife!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2020

We have been visiting here on a Saturday since lockdown was lifted for a drink. The pub is lovely and always has a nice atmosphere. Every week the staff are very friendly and welcoming and are happy to have a little chat while we order our drinks. The manager Natalie is honestly a lovely lady and always makes us feel welcome. When the area went into Tier 3 we promised to go for a meal and tonight, the last night before lockdown pt. 2 we did! The food was delicious, esp. the marinated chicken with jewelled rice and the cheesecake was amazing. Given it was the last even all the staff - Natalie, Lisa, Jade and Carla were really upbeat and accommodating. Well done to the kitchen staff - Tony and Stuart for delivering great food. To top it off My dad was given 2 pints free to takeaway which was a really lovely gesture! We really hope to be back there very soon!!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 19 October 2020

Just to say before the main comments - have visit this pub recently and did enjoy the food and facility. However after an attempted visit over this weekend thought it would be useful to include the following as they have not put this on their website - although the pub is in a Tier 2 area they are not following the pub garden serving guidelines. Having visited the pub recently - me and my daughter arranged to meet a friend there - we know we would not be allowed to go inside so had decided to just sit outside as we know this was ok in the Tier 2 guidelines. However when I went inside to order I was told they would not serve us as we were not one household so we left. Slightly confused when I got home I checked the guidance again and telephone the pub checking which tier they were in. When I asked why they had refused to serve us they said they were following there own guidance and then something about guidance from the local council. If this is what the owners of the pub want to do that fine - its their pub and staff but please put something on your website to make it clear and to avoid people thinking they can meet another household in the beer garden area as per Tier 2 guidance especially as were the pub is located people would be going out of their way to visit.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Tracy H
Adam Yates, General Manager at The Partridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Thank you for your review our sincere apologies for the confusion on your last visit we have made all our colleagues aware of the regulations and would love to welcome you back to the Partridge if you would like to give us a call on 01925730848 and we can arrange something at your convenience.
Many thanks

Reviewed 22 September 2020

Decided to stop off here today and grab and quick bite at lunchtime. We found the service to be so slow and unprofessional as when we ordered our drinks the waitress had forgot to put the check on resulting in me having to go and check after waiting for 15-20 mins. Normally I wouldn't mind but it wasn't busy at all and just lacked professionalism and nothing was done about it to keep us satisfied. The food was decent though but unfortunately it'll be the last time I go there.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 August 2020

Rishi Sunak has given businesses like this a great opportunity to showcase all they can offer as part of the Eat out to help out scheme, unfortunatly the Partridge failed to deliver. We booked for a Monday evening and understandably it was busy. The place does have a nice ambience and good atmosphere. At 7pm our first 2 choices were sold out. My third choice of chicken with rice was good but I left hungary after a 1 hour wait. Without the offer would say the partridge is overpriced and will not return.

Room tip: Better choice elsewhete
Date of stay: August 2020