Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Wife and I spent a week here as part of our 25 yr wedding anniversary. Paradise is probably the best word to use.

The villa itself was very comfortable and well equipped. Only a 90 second walk across a quiet road to the main hotel. The hotel itself was clean and well equipped. A nice swimming pool but we didn’t use it...who would with that awesome beach? Splash bar and grill was great! Really good wholesome food, brilliant range of drinks. Hotel staff were great, really friendly and seemed really keen to help. The shuttle bus to Georgetown really does work well.

There is a beautiful private beach with all the facilities you would expect.

We visited during the quieter off season, so not sure if it would be much busier at other times.

Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulmV5565HR
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

When I asked my mother what she might like to do for her 60th Birthday she eventually settled on the idea of seeing the swimming pigs. At the time she had no idea where in the world they were, but I did, 4300 miles away in the Bahamas! Nonetheless I was not put off by the idea and thought for once she deserved to be made to feel special, so I made it happen. Getting there from the UK is not easy. I broke the itinerary up to allow time between flights and we enjoyed a three day trip to New York and an overnight in Atlanta before arriving in Great Exuma on Monday 15th of January. We took a taxi from the tiny airport and arrived around fifteen minutes later. The taxi was thirty dollars. My booking confirmation advised check in was at Hideaways, which is the main hotel on the sea-side of the road and Island Time Villas is located across the road. At first we could not have our room as it was not ready. No time scales were set and my mother was very happy to sit outside people watching, but eventually it was suggested we might want to wait in the Splash bar, which we did. This gave me the opportunity to explore and take photos. I was just as excited as my mother just to say we were here let alone see the swimming pigs. I will review the Splash bar separately. Its a great addition to Hideaways. At around 3:30pm we were told our room was ready and their courtesy bus actually drove us over the road. We were offered every assistance to get to our room which was a kindness we Brits don't normally expect. There were a number of steps around the complex I was not aware of, and my mother's mobility isn't the best, so it was a little daunting, but she managed admirably, however one handrail came off in her hand meaning she did fall up some steps, though no injuries it was a little shock. The staff couldn't have apologised more, it was fixed in minutes and accidents can happen. We are not litigious by nature.

We were given a semi-detached bungalow, No.226 called Anejo Palm. It was actually the furthest room from the main complex, quietly tucked in the corner surrounded by greenery and a neighbouring residential villa. Our bungalow had an outside deck facing over the complex and a tiny glimpse of the sea through the foliage. We also had a much larger screened decked area to the side which was furnished with table and chairs, just like the front deck. The screened area could be accessed from one of the bedrooms and the front deck. Access to the bungalow was through a key card. Once inside we found a massive open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area. Air conditioning was already running. The villa smelled very clean, no eye watering musty smell, but if there was, this is a highly humid environment. I have noticed this when travelling in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. We had ceiling fans in the lounge and both bedrooms. Both bedrooms had king size beds, flat screen TV, wardrobe (one had electronic safety deposit box), full iron and board, air conditioning unit and their own en-suite bathrooms with full bath. Both rooms were a similar good size with plenty of additional draw storage and power outlets. I found my bed very comfortable and the bedding was good quality. It was very peaceful and quiet, but the island in general is very peaceful. The kitchen was a very good size and equipped to cater for at least six. We had a full size American sized stove and fridge/freezer. Like beasts compared to our UK versions. Coffee, sugar, sweetener and whitener was provided in small complimentary packages to start you off. Our freezer had a filled ice tray ready for our use. Once you use them, fill with water and freeze. Otherwise you could go to the market in Georgetown and buy a bag of ice, no real hardship. Everything you could need for a restful few days was provided as far as I am concerned and to parrot a phrase I used in my New York hotel review. Us Brits generally speaking are used to just making do, and aren't as used to a service centric experience.

One of the best things about staying at Island Time Villas was the fact we had use of all of the facilities of Hideaways across the road. We even had Hideaways wrist bands and towel cards. Some water sports like kayaking were included. The beach was beautiful, there were not a vast number of loungers, but hardly anyone used the beach so that was not an issue. Hideaways has a small pool and sunbathing area as well as a quiet lounge and Internet access away from the Splash bar. A courtesy bus operated several times a day into Georgetown, which had a market for groceries, a few shops and a couple of places to eat. Don't expect too much, it's quite spread out but not much of anything. Nice to go and wander around all the same. At night the courtesy bus does not run so a taxi will cost ten dollars. It is literally a ten minute ride away. Along the way you will pass a couple of neighbouring hotels with their own food options and then the fish fry. These are all easily walkable, though there isn't much of a pavement. Even Georgetown is walkable if you are fit and able. I really wanted to try the Fish Fry, it looked good fun and very Bahamian, but my mother did not have a sense for that adventure. The main reason for visiting Great Exuma was to see the swimming pigs and it was on the long drive to the north of the island I really got a feel for the place, passing many of the options for accommodation I had seen prior to settling on Island Time Villas and realising I had struck gold. All of the staff we encountered were pleasant, friendly and informative. It was fun to take the courtesy bus back to the hotel from Georgetown and pick up the drivers adorable young son from school on the way, these are things you just don't see in artificial purpose built resorts. In my mind it is rustic, has no pretentions, no attitude, it was a relaxed easy going place where you could sit around in beachwear all day, even in the bar at night. It left me wanting to return, and I hope one day I will. To sum it up in one word. Fantastic!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank TandWtraveller
Bev B, Guest Services at Island Time Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear TandWtraveller,

We feel so lucky to have had you as our guests and have shared this review with our staff and management teams. Your comments are very valuable and we want to express our gratitude to you for the time to write such a detailed review of your time here in Exuma. Feedback such as yours is highly regarded and helps us maintain the superior service our guests deserve. We believe everyone deserves a customer service based experience and hope your stay with us has raised the bar for your future travels.

The desire for you to return is the biggest compliment we can receive, so thank you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon! (As you did not make it to the Fish Fry, make sure this is top of the list for next time!)

Warm Wishes,
The Hideaways Exuma Team.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

If you are looking for a peaceful resort with beautifully renovated villas, amazing ocean views, as well as a gorgeous white sand beach to relax on... look no further!

My husband and I recently returned home from our trip to Exuma and our stay at Island Time Villas was so pleasant and enjoyable, it had us considering purchasing a unit from them for us to return to over and over. The resort management is wonderful and very accommodating. The beach was phenomenal, and the pool side bar and grill (Splash!) had delicious food and generous drinks. Our expectations were far exceeded and we couldn't have asked for more. All in all, we would highly recommend Island Time Villas to any of our friends and family, as well as those considering a trip to Exuma! You will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a terrible place to stay unless you like "bait and switch". The rooms they put us in first were so musty that your eyes watered.... they changed us to another room/cottage for $55 a night. But tried to back off this price to $75 when we actually said we would change. We left early from the vacation and went to Nassau. The front desk is not helpful and they didn't have ice the entire week. It is hard to get around the island, very expensive and food is marginal and expensive. Don't bother to stay here.

Room tip: Pay more and get one of the little cabins on the beach side.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank fpuelston
Reviewed 8 March 2017

These are the hillside villas at Hideaways at Palm Bay. Very reasonably priced with all of the amenities at Hideaways. If you have trouble with stairs, this isn't the place for you, but otherwise these spacious units with full kitchens are a great value with a view of the sea (and a 2 minute walk to the beach).

Date of stay: March 2017