Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews continental breakfast high tide small fridge ocean front dock exuma beaches island arlene bahamas bartender sandals
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

First off the staff here is wonderful which made our stay memorable. We were given room 105, close to the pool and dinning area and not the best ocean or pool view, would have been nice to stay on the second floor looking out to the ocean but whatever’s. There was no safe in our room and when asked for one they said they would move us to a different room but next day they carried one in and said to use the key because the battery is dead. Ok! So we couldn’t use the safe anyways because the lock was stuck and look rusted so we basically locked our stuff in our luggage instead. Also our entry door lock was loose and didn’t look too secure, our patio door lock didn’t work so they used a wooden stick to lay down at the bottom to lock the door. Hmmm, at first I was like I think we’re gonna get robbed in the middle of the night but rest assure we survived lol. House keeping didn’t clean our room the first day because apparently we had the only key to our door so they asked us for it so they can go make a copy of it. Other than that, the king size bed was amazing, the linen and towels look and felt very new (I’ve been to many hotels 5STARS 4 star 3 star they all have the used tired looking towels) and fresh. The ropes were so soft, that’s a must. Good size room, small fridge and small flat screen tv. Bathroom was clean and water pressure from shower head was perfect. No complaints there. Overall a pleasant stay BUT WIFI was down during our entire stay and everyday staff would tell us they’re working on it but slight inconvenience to hangout in the lobby to use the office WIFI with all the other guests so it was soooo slow. Breakfast was limited and dinner at the hotel was good. I ordered the seafood pasta and hubby ordered the steak, we both enjoyed our dinner. Hotel is walking distance to the fish fry so we went there for dinner for a few nights. There is a guest parking lot on the side of the hotel so thats a plus. The bar area looked very sad even when we had a few drinks at the bar the bartender looked uninterested or bored. Pool area is small no interest sitting there. Water taxi will pick you up from the hotel dock area which is convenient $20 per person round trip.

Date of stay: February 2020
ian w, Owner at Augusta Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Hi there, Thank you for the nice review. I apologize for the inconvenience of the safe and lock in your room. I have asked maintenance to attend to this immediately. Unfortunately we are in the hands of BATELCO - Bahamas Telecommunications- when it comes to WiFi. They tell us that they are upgrading the lines - and this sometimes leads to inconvenience to our guests and front desk. There are beautiful beaches to the left of the hotel and no need to take a water taxi - unless you feel the need to explore Stocking Island. I have spoken to Glen and Whitfield (our bartenders) and told them to show more interest. They are normally very nice and friendly. Our outside bar over the water - Frankie Bananas - open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, is ‘second to none on the island. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 January 2020

Just got back from 5 nights at Augusta Bay, our second stay here. We had a great time, staff went out of their way to get us anything we needed. Rooms and hotel always very clean, food was great, service friendly and wonderful. Pool very clean, within walking distance of fish fry, other restaurants and beautiful beach around the corner, every day I saw sea turtles and an Octopus under the dock! loved the location, the quiet at night. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all very good. Manager gave us a ride into town, we also went bonefishing with Bonefish Drex which was awesome! we caught some big barrucudas and a big Bone Fish. We looked at many other places in Exuma and found Augusta Bay to be the best Value.

Room tip: We loved 2nd floor balcony with chairs with ocean
Date of stay: January 2020
ian w, Owner at Augusta Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We loved having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2020 via mobile

My wife and I visited Great Exuma Island in Nov 2019 for a week. We loved every minute of the hotel and The Exumas in general. I don’t know what other reviewers are talking about with complaints about the property and more so complaints about the staff. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very nice and super accommodating for any of our needs. My wife and I have been all over the Caribbean and this was by far our favorite vacation! And Augusta Bay definitely calculates into that! The hotel rooms are nice, normal hotel room that are updated. It’s very quaint and cozy, being only 16 rooms. We really got to know the staff and other guests. The hotel has an amazing view and perfect location on the island. The water is crystal clear and the bay is perfect for using the hotel’s kayaks. There is a few little islands very close to the hotel that I kayaked out to with snorkeling equipment and saw some really cool sea life. There is also a bar out on the pier that has a man made “reef” with a lot of tropical fish you can watch right off the pier or from in the water. The pool is nice and the pool deck is right on the beach. The beach is very nice, but the when the tide is high the beach is almost nonexistent, but that’s no big deal. The breakfast is continental and is just right to start your day. All the food I had at the hotel was delicious from breakfast to dinner and also the bbq night out at the pier. I would suggest renting a boat from Minn’s at least one day while you are here. If (when) we return to Exuma we will definitely stay here again, if we don’t buy a place in exuma before then!

Date of stay: November 2019
ian w, Owner at Augusta Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really appreciate your feedback. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2020

I came to the hotel with my wife for 4 nights and to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
Although the room is nice and comfortable and the view really great, the service at the restaurant is terrible and that’s the least I can say.
We always have the feeling that we’re bothering the waiters and waitresses in particular. No one is ever smiling (little smile never killed anyone).
On example for New Year’s Eve we paid 100$pp for the dinner but there was no more lobster and and no discount was offered to us (had to go with the chicken which is obviously very different cost wise). On top of that there was a bottle of Champaign included in the price but we didn’t want alcohol because my wife was pregnant. They showed no flexibility and refused to offer a discount once again. Last but not least the waitress prompted us to sign the bill so that she could leave (that’s literally what she said).
Unfortunately I could list different other examples of the poor service which is quite sad for a 4 star hotel...
All in all nice hotel but really poor service which makes the whole experience a bit disappointing to be fair.
And this is the first time I ever write a review so you can imagine my mindset now.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank marqui91
ian w, Owner at Augusta Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Please accept my apologies for the lack of goodwill shown by the service staff. This is certainly not the norm and I will get to the bottom of it. As I do not know who you are and cannot contact you personally - please contact the hotel at 242 336 2251 and speak to Francis at the front desk. She will credit your card with $100 to compensate for running out of lobster and you not drinking champagne. I thank you for your support.

Reviewed 19 December 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Augusta Bay for our second trip to Exuma and to summarize there is a lot left to be desired. The hotel is a bit run down, the restaurant area is very small and very dark and dingy- no one eats there. The continental breakfast was bread and yogurt. This property is not beach front, there is only a small strip of sand you could potentially walk on - maybe in the past there was more of a beach. Also, the rooms have signs posted that the ac will freeze if you turn lower than 76 degrees ... and you will be charged $100 for the service call. 76 is not a comfortable sleeping temperature, in our opinion. There are better options very near and closer to town (by banks, stores, and guaranteed water taxi pickups). Overall wasn’t terrible, but would not return.

Date of stay: December 2019