Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews continental breakfast high tide small fridge ocean front dock exuma beaches island arlene bahamas bartender sandals
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2021

I booked this hotel for my 60th birthday getaway and so happy I did! The hotel is still trying to get back to normal after the covid disaster but this did not detract from the exeptional service of the staff and the spotlessly clean rooms, grounds and pool. Our room was spacious, spotless, had a great hot shower, very comfortable bed and a small fridge. The hotel is situated in a beautiful location right on the water just outside Georgetown which is about a 40 min walk or 5 mins drive. There is a small beach but at high tide the water covers it. However there are loungers around the pool. We really didnt take advantage of these as there is so much to do in Exuma! There are 3 sea turtles living just off the pier that you could spend hours just watching in the crystal clear warm water. The hotel provides a complimentary continental style breakfast which in my opinion is more than adeqate. Unfortunately the restaurant and bar is still closed but hopefully this will change in the near future. There is a small bar on the pier but this is only open on Friday evenings but is great when it is open! Meanwhile there are restaurant and bar options within walking distance of the hotel and within driving distance up and down the Queens Highway. I would recommend hiring a car as there are also some amazing beaches! I give a special shout out to Arlene who was amazing! Arelene met us on arrival with the warmest welcome. She provided us with fantastic recommendations and was around if we needed anything. Nothing was too much trouble for her or any other staff members. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. If you want the bubble of Sandals this is probably not the place for you but if you want a well run friendly authentic Bahamian hotel with fantastic staff you could not find better. I would highly recommend the Augusta Bay. I hope they get back to normal very soon and I cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 16 June 2021

WARNING!!!

As a resident of The Bahamas, Visiting Exuma this past weekend.. I booked with Augusta Bay hotel. Let me start with my arrival.. I got to the resort at about 6:30 & front doors were locked, went to their side door to get to the front desk & there was NO ONE at the desk to greet me and the hotel was in darkness. There were a few people people outside on dock having cocktails... We went to the guy that bartender who stated that the front desk was closed but he was expecting us. This was weird but we went with it. There was NO sensible check in no nothing! The room he gave us was not the room we had booked on expedia, it was a a lesser room by far. After checking with other local resorts and no king rooms being available we decided that this is would will have to work until morning at which time we were assured by the "bartender" that we would be accommodated and switched to the correct room. Morning came and Ms Francis the receptionist is finaly on duty.. my partner spoke to her and told her our concerns and the encounters we faced upon arrival.. The room had NO hot water but cold/warm water.. Ms Francis said to get HOT water it’s a trick to it to get hot water.. What does this even mean? The room had NO remote for the tv.. The bed sheets, rooms everything smelt old and musty.. the refrigerator is on the floor.. the room is not a “beach front” but I would say “road side” because all night long there were cars and motorcycles speeding pass and it was very loud and unfortunate for us! We requested our room change to the ocean front we paid for. Ms Francis stated that she leaves work for the day at 2:00 Pm and the manager leaves at 5pm hence the reason none was there to check us in. My boyfriend inquired about what we do in the event of an emergency as there is no security guard nor front desk clerk or any staff member on premises after the both leave. The manage then stated that he lives 5 minutes away from the resort and in the event of an emergency he would make himself available. I thought this very unprofessional especially since he did not leave a contact number. There are literally ONLY two employees working the entire resort. They claimed one side is being renovated and they are “partially” open.. they restaurant is closed.. the indoor bar is closed and they do not mention any of this via expedia. The "resort" gave what they considered to be a continental breakfast that was left out in the kitchen area.. and is laughable at best. They provided less than a half gallon of milk... a few small boxes of cereal.. (about 6) along with a few apples and oranges and canned juices for everyone that was staying there at the time. I was told if I wish I could leave and was encouraged to do so by staff. However after reading other reviews I realized that this was a trend and persons weren't being refunded, so after we got the room change we decided to suck it up and try to not let it ruin our weekend there is no front desk attendant or security on premises and this is UNACCEPTABLE by any standard!! I feel as though the resort should be open to the public at this particular time. It's unsafe and boarder line unsanitary and even in some instances inhumane. This resort gives a false perception of the island of Exuma and the Bahamas as a whole! We just recently stayed at Peace and Plenty Resort about a month prior and the stay was wonderful. So wonderful that we were going to stay again but no king beds were available hence the reason we ended up booking Agusta Bay (biggest travel regret thus far). Exuma is one of the nicest islands in The Bahamas there is lots to do on the island and so much to see! It is just sad to me as a Bahamian that there are tourists that will experience what I did at this resort and may consider not returning to the island of Exuma based on this experience (hence the reason for my long review). It is my goal to help you guys make and informed decision and deter other persons from making the same mistake we did when we booked Agusta Bay. The Island of Exuma has beauty and an experience to offer like no other and definitely worth the trip. However, the hotel is a NO GO!!!

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank MsDForbes
Reviewed 1 December 2020

We were upgraded to a corner unit, which I believe is a bit bigger and has a king size bed. I think room allocation is important as some areas are quieter than others, so maybe discuss this at checkin, or prior to booking.

Room tip: Corner room was great
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

First off the staff here is wonderful which made our stay memorable. We were given room 105, close to the pool and dinning area and not the best ocean or pool view, would have been nice to stay on the second floor looking out to the ocean but whatever’s. There was no safe in our room and when asked for one they said they would move us to a different room but next day they carried one in and said to use the key because the battery is dead. Ok! So we couldn’t use the safe anyways because the lock was stuck and look rusted so we basically locked our stuff in our luggage instead. Also our entry door lock was loose and didn’t look too secure, our patio door lock didn’t work so they used a wooden stick to lay down at the bottom to lock the door. Hmmm, at first I was like I think we’re gonna get robbed in the middle of the night but rest assure we survived lol. House keeping didn’t clean our room the first day because apparently we had the only key to our door so they asked us for it so they can go make a copy of it. Other than that, the king size bed was amazing, the linen and towels look and felt very new (I’ve been to many hotels 5STARS 4 star 3 star they all have the used tired looking towels) and fresh. The ropes were so soft, that’s a must. Good size room, small fridge and small flat screen tv. Bathroom was clean and water pressure from shower head was perfect. No complaints there. Overall a pleasant stay BUT WIFI was down during our entire stay and everyday staff would tell us they’re working on it but slight inconvenience to hangout in the lobby to use the office WIFI with all the other guests so it was soooo slow. Breakfast was limited and dinner at the hotel was good. I ordered the seafood pasta and hubby ordered the steak, we both enjoyed our dinner. Hotel is walking distance to the fish fry so we went there for dinner for a few nights. There is a guest parking lot on the side of the hotel so thats a plus. The bar area looked very sad even when we had a few drinks at the bar the bartender looked uninterested or bored. Pool area is small no interest sitting there. Water taxi will pick you up from the hotel dock area which is convenient $20 per person round trip.

Date of stay: February 2020
ian w, Owner at Augusta Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Hi there, Thank you for the nice review. I apologize for the inconvenience of the safe and lock in your room. I have asked maintenance to attend to this immediately. Unfortunately we are in the hands of BATELCO - Bahamas Telecommunications- when it comes to WiFi. They tell us that they are upgrading the lines - and this sometimes leads to inconvenience to our guests and front desk. There are beautiful beaches to the left of the hotel and no need to take a water taxi - unless you feel the need to explore Stocking Island. I have spoken to Glen and Whitfield (our bartenders) and told them to show more interest. They are normally very nice and friendly. Our outside bar over the water - Frankie Bananas - open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, is ‘second to none on the island. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 January 2020

Just got back from 5 nights at Augusta Bay, our second stay here. We had a great time, staff went out of their way to get us anything we needed. Rooms and hotel always very clean, food was great, service friendly and wonderful. Pool very clean, within walking distance of fish fry, other restaurants and beautiful beach around the corner, every day I saw sea turtles and an Octopus under the dock! loved the location, the quiet at night. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all very good. Manager gave us a ride into town, we also went bonefishing with Bonefish Drex which was awesome! we caught some big barrucudas and a big Bone Fish. We looked at many other places in Exuma and found Augusta Bay to be the best Value.

Room tip: We loved 2nd floor balcony with chairs with ocean
Date of stay: January 2020
ian w, Owner at Augusta Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We loved having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.