Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$150
Hotels.comUS$150
Vio.comUS$150
Orbitz.comUS$150
TravelocityUS$150
Agoda.comUS$219
All reviews jolly hall beach splash bar free shuttle stocking island water taxi bedroom cottage ocean side chat n chill grocery store pizza kayaks and paddle boards small pool elizabeth harbour rental car coffee maker on site restaurant explore the island
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2022 via mobile

I stayed in the Island Time villas across the street in a studio villa. My initial impressions were not great as I felt like the check in process was rushed and could’ve been handled differently. However, I will say that the front desk was wonderful throughout my stay with whatever questions I had or anything I needed. Beach towels are available but you had to sign them out and exchange for new ones as needed around the pool area. There is no housekeeping due to covid so I had to ask for more toilet paper once and the small trash cans more than filled up in my room. The accommodations were basic but very reasonably priced and had everything I needed. My room had a small kitchen with plates, cups, utensils, a fridge and microwave. My only complaint is that the fridge would freeze everything- including my bottled water. The bathroom is a bit tight and I could see that being an issue for couples but for myself it was manageable. I really enjoyed the guest lounge and it came in handy on my departure day as my flight wasn’t until 5:45pm. There is a pool table, ping pong table, books, and a few board games. You also have access to restrooms and changing rooms. There is parking across the street which was convenient and never full. The hotel is in a great location on the island and not too far from town. The restaurant on-site was good and convenient. The beach in front is small and there aren’t a lot of umbrellas available but there never were many people there so I never had issues finding a spot. The pool seemed to get busy in the afternoons. They also offer return covid testing which was easy to sign up at the front desk and was included with the cost of your health visa so no charge to you. I think overall this was a great value for the money and I’d consider staying here again.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kathleenl183
Reviewed 12 May 2022

Can't beat the location of Hideaways - very easy to get everywhere. The staff is super friendly and very attentive. We especially loved Cindy! Our 2 bedroom villa was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed kayaking, relaxing by the ocean and pool and having adult beverages at Splash. This would be a five star review if only we could walk through the rec room to get to the lobby. It got really old having to walk all the way around the building to get to the front door. Still, we'd easily stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 21 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed in Ocean Side Villa Nr 28 with 2 beds and 2 baths. Right on the beach. Perfect. The staff were just lovely. A shout out to Cindy (a lady of many talents) at reception who performed our covid tests there (cost included with the Bahamas Travel Health Visa). We had organised a "piggy day tour" but hadn't been told by the company what time the pick up time was. Consequently, we missed the boat. All sorted calmly at reception so we had the tour (highly recommended) the next day instead, swapping with our car hire day. The lovely ladies ironed out any issues seamlessly. We had groceries delivered just before we arrived and bought more as needed. We cooked our own breakfasts, made picnics and ate in and at the Splash bar as well as eating out out.

Villa - had everything we needed. Good WiFi, air con, microwave, fridge freezer, hob, coffee maker, bath etc and a large porch overlooking the sea with a bug net where we spent most of our time whilst at the resort. Beds were really comfy.

Splash - great food, meals included pizzas, burgers, salads, fish and, of course, the local delicacy, conch (pronounced conc). Prices not so different to the UK. The company was great and the local Kalik beer was 5 or so dollars a bottle. There were two pool tables and swings at the bar.

Beach - clean with fine, white sand. One night we all had a night swim (no nasties like jellies/urchins in the water to worry about) from our villa. The two resident dogs took early morning dips in the sea and came to see us regularly for cuddles and a chat. Obviously, it's very sandy so snorkelling was not comparable to the reefs of Egypt/Maldives but it was still great - starfish, some live corals, sergeant majors, nudibranches, bream, jack's, butterflyfish etc. Unrivalled turquoise waters. We spent an afternoon at Jolley Bay beach (10 mins walk) which was just delightful. There, we met Cliff, a charming local chap, who shared his knowledge about Exuma with us. Just nice people!

Georgetown - Hideaways provided regular complimentary trips to Georgetown (10 mins drive) so we used this bus a few times. This is where we did our grocery shopping (including buying crates of Kalik at 2 bucks a bottle and a litre of Absolute for 12 bucks!!!) Island Boy bar provided the best chicken wings ever. The water taxi took us to Stocking Island (ChatnChill) for 15 dollars return.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hideaways and would strongly recommend it. It is certainly not Sandals but if you prefer autonomy and a local vibe, go here.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CathandStephen
Reviewed 8 April 2022 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled and the airline put us up here. We had stayed at the Saint Francis on Stocking Island for a few nights the week before. After, we sailed the Exumas for a week. We had a preconceived idea that the hotel would not be nice. We were wrong. The rooms are well provisioned, extremely clean, and perfectly functional. Ours had a kitchenette and two full bathrooms. The beach and views of the bay were beautiful. The on property restaurant was adequately good. Although we were only there for about 16 hours, Hideaways provide us the chance to make really good lemonade out of lemons. We recommend Hideaways as a perfectly good choice for staying on Great Exuma.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 18 March 2022

This is an excellent choice for families who just want some down time. There's a great beach nearby, the pool and property are well-maintained, and don't miss a visit to Shirley's Fish restaurant - within easy walking distance. The staff are super helpful - you can even order groceries to be purchased for you ahead of your arrival, so you are all set after a day of travel. There's a shuttle into town if you want to wander a bit, and they will also arrange transport to-from the airport. They will also arrange local tours. This is a great place for families!

Room tip: The full ocean view bungalow was very private and right on the beach.
Date of stay: March 2022