“We can't wait to return someday!”

Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Matei
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Dear Ronna, Rosie, Flori, Bimla, Vina, Kata, and EVERYONE at Coconut Grove...

It's been over a month since we were there with all of you, yet not one day has gone by that I haven't thought of Coconut Grove in some way.

I can't believe how quickly time passes in the "real world." I still feel that I am on "Fiji Time" (and long to be as well...)!

I wish to express my gratitude to EACH member of the staff, but especially the girls in particular. I miss Flori and Rosie. It was such a pleasure to get to know them on a personal level. They were so pleasant to see each day, and made us truly feel welcome and comforted. With them, we knew we were among friends. Vina's friendly greetings and beautiful smile warmed our hearts. Kata did such beautiful work with our Salu-Salu's, and her help on our wedding day was much appreciated. I wish Bimla were here to help me in my kitchen. How much we enjoyed all the delicious food! I really had a lot of fun during my cooking lesson. I made the banana bread, and though it wasn't as good as hers, it brought back nice memories when I prepared it.

I love to tell everyone here at home about Petedro's singing "Let It Be Me" for us on our wedding day, and signing our marriage certificate, then watching him cut down the bananas from the tree outside our Bure the very next day! He is a man of many talents!

We have the lovely Kava Bowl Flori so thoughtfuly presented to us on behalf of the staff the day we left displayed in our home, and enjoy recalling our unforgettable stay at Coconut Grove to those that ask about it. - Ronna, what a wonderful place you have, and what a fantastic job you've done with it. Our wedding day was absolute perfection, and truly everything we hoped for. I know you put a lot of yourself into seeing the plans through, and for that we are very thankful.

Chris and I were bereft when we had to leave. We both look forward to the day we can return.

Until then, I hope you all are well and happy...

With love,

Nicki and Chris

P.S. Millie is the talk of our photo album! We were able to capture some great shots of her on the beach, and every single person that has seen our pictures wants to know about her. We tell them that she is in charge of "Customer Relations" as we heard you say one day... we miss her too!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CNFiji2011

Reviewed 16 July 2011

We found Coconut Grove through Trip Adviser as we were looking for somewhere special to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed - from our arrival being welcomed by the girls singing, comfortable, clean and quality furnished room (Mango Bure), beautiful food and a relaxing setting right on the beach to our tearful departure again to the farewell singing.
Ronna and staff couldn't have been more helpful as they booked trips for us to the Lavena Coastal walk, Bouma Falls and Waitabu Marine Park (amazing snorkelling!)
We were so sorry to leave and can't wait to book our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We came for R&R and that's what we got for 2 solid weeks. What a place to relax and get waited on hand and foot. Even when it rained we could relax on our bed( fantastic room) and look out over the ocean.Ronna and all her staff were the best but we received special care from Serah, Rosie,Bimla, Vina, Kata, Flori, Fina, and we made to feel at home from the extra special atttention of Millie.( dare I call her a dog?) and Creamsicle and Popsicle the kittens. We didn't do much sight seeing as we had been to Fiji twice before but we had everything we wanted right there. We would definitely go back again if only to be treated so well.

Room Tip: Although all the burres have ocean views, we felt really spoilt in the Banana Burre as it was only s...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This was hands down our best vacation my wife and I have taken. Everything was amazing from the people to the food to the excursions. I mean everyone we passed, either driving, walking, or biking, on Taveuni would wave and say hello. I've never experienced that in all the places I've traveled. Not to mention all the free little extras like kava and music before dinner some nights, basket weaving and cooking lessons, a free 30 min massage on arrival (you may have to fight for it if there are two of you), etc.

I highly recommend getting the prepaid food plan if you choose Coconut Grove since it's got AMAZING smoothies, food, and desserts. You end up getting 3 meals a day for the price of 1.5.

As far as security we had no issues. There is a safe inside, the bures lock up completely, and there is a security guard who walks the premise at night.

The island of Taveuni is definitely less built up so prepare for some amazing relaxing days of unwinding with a good book or other self entertainment but the activities you can do during the day including free kayaks to great snorkeling out front of your bure are enough to tire you out for the night.

We've told all our friends and family how amazing it was and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shapirsa
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Loved the Coconut Grove. Rhonda and the girls were friendly and attentive the entire week. They took care of whatever we needed to make sure that we enjoyed ourselves.

Loved the snorkeling on the reef right outside the property. Loved the hammock on the beach beneath the palms. Loved the fact that there are only 3 bures on the property so you didn't feel like a tourist, but rather like a guest of the family. I recommend taking the bikes and riding into town one day. It's a great way to see the island.

The food is outstanding. We tried several other restaurants on the island, but none compared. Fresh fruit at every meal, Ika Vaka Lolo at dinner (Fish in Coconut Milk). Papaya curry for lunch. Nothing beats sitting back on the patio watching the ocean while eating your meal.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matei
1.1 km away
38,338.7 km away
Paradise Taveuni
Paradise Taveuni
#1 of 11 in Taveuni Island

Been to Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages? Share your experiences!