We stayed for 7 days but wish we had booked for 7 weeks! Everythng was perfect from the moment we arrived & were greeted by the girls singing, to the (sad) moment we left, farewelled by the girls singing Isa Lei.
We split our stay between the Papaya and Banana bures. Papaya is the smallest but is still great. We stayed in Papaya first & I thought "this is great & it's the smallest - I can't wait to see the Banana bure!" Papaya was lovely & Banana was sensational, due to the fact it has a hot outdoor shower. Both bures were very clean & extremeley well maintained, and supplied with quality linen & towels. Both bures had sun lounges on their own decks and hammocks nearby.
The staff at Cocount Grove are amazing. Ronna is a lovely lady and has employed first class staff. A big thank you to Sereh, Bimla, Rosie, Kata, Vina,Flori, Fina, Petero, Robert, and Lagi ( sorryif I've missed anyone). The food was amazing & the service fantastic. The girls found me wherever I was each afternoon to give me my coffee & cookies, even when I was down at the beach.I would recommend that you don't bother going anywhere else for meals as the best meals on the island are at Coconut Grove. Make sure you have the banana and papaya breads, they are fantastic. We loved our candlight dinner by the beach.The fruit, vegies and herbs come from Coconut Grove's garden and are fresh & delicious. Every meal was beautifully prepared and tasted great. We were asked what we felt like for dinner & how we wanted it prepared.
Sereh does the best massage. Be sure to book at least one with her.The girls organised our day trips to Lavena Coastal Walk, Bouma Falls, Waitabu Marine Park, and Wairiki Church for Sunday Mass. Robert was our driver for each trip and was great. Nothing was too much trouble for Ronna and her staff, who made us feel as though we were part of the family. We are really missing them.
The beach was right in front of the property and provided great swimming & snorkelling. There are kayaks and snorkelling equipment available for guests to use.The grounds were well maintained , with beautiful flowers and foliage.
This trip was an early 25th wedding anniversary celebration and we could not have chosen a better place to be. We had been to Fiji 5 times previously and our stay at Coconut Grove was the best. When we next come back to Fiji, it will be to Cocount Grove.
Thanks again, Ronna and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property sits on the only white sand beach on Taveuni with unobstructed views. come stay with us if you want a couples only, noise free holiday. no stress no crowds. just relaxation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages Hotel Taveuni Island
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Coconut Grove Beachfront