“+ Great food, presentation, waiters. - They only French or Luxemburgisch language very dirty toilets facility”

Pavillon Saint Martin
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Remich
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2016

First of all I would like to explain is that I am from The Netherlands, which means that English is not my native language. In advance I would like to apologies for any language and spelling errors in my review. I choose to write my reviews in English so may people can read or translate them.

Before I visit the cave of St Martin which is located behind this wonderful restaurant I first have enjoyed the bourgundian sunday mothersday lunchbuffet of the Pavillon St Martin.

This buffet was more than luxury, fresh and tastefull. Great waiters who worked very hard but always had the time to do everything you would asked them. Charming, fast, stylefull and polite.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that the main language the spoke was French or the Luvemburgish language. English or german was a problem. Fürther are the toilet facilities very bad.

Only one toilet in the men’s room which is not enough if you see how many quests are using this restaurant and the toilets are more than very dirty. The toilet is constantly occupied men are waiting in line to use it and nobody is cleaning the toilet during the openinghours of the restaurant.

What you can do is to walk to the back of the restaurant, in the opposite of the restaurant there is the reception of the cave Saint Martin and they have a clean toilet facility downstairs.

1  Thank Richardvanhuizen

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant a few times, with family, for business and as a couple and it's always been good.
The food is nice. The service is generally friendly and polite.

1  Thank michele4444
Reviewed 17 September 2015

It's a great location sitting outdoors high up with views across the Moselle on the outskirts of this famous wine town. We stopped here for lunch half way through a cycle ride from Grevenmacher and our overall impressions were favourable - we ordered salades composees and a demi of local pinot noir. The food was fine; generous and imaginative portions and the wine was too. It wasn't very busy and the service, though pleasant enough, was pedestrian to be charitable, and the prices all told were pretty high for what we had.

2  Thank PeterHarvey
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I ate here last Sunday as a good of four. It was the open wine weekend and whit weekend so the normal Sunday brunch price of €30 pp was increased to €36.

The location was nice but the seating seemed to be all over place, with the staff constantly moving tables and being very unorganised really.

Service for us was slooooooow but that appeared to be our bad luck with our waitress in our section. To be fair, for the weekend that it was, surely they could have put some other or more efficient staff on?

Anyways, we eventually got our wine and water so could go to the buffet....at the start, I was quite impressed with the array and selection of foods; there were plenty of fish dishes, salads, vegetables, cheeses etc to choose from. The meat dishes were horse (I personally do not eat that) and lamb...so both heavy red meats. A chicken option would have been nice.

My biggest gripe is that they didn't replace a lot of the dishes or if they did, they didn't do it with any finesse. This was very disappointing as when you are paying for a buffet, you should expect fresh, attractively arranged food.

As seems to be the norm, it took a long time to get our bill and then even longer for the waitress to come back so we could pay (note to all service staff: when you give someone a bill, please remember to come back in two minutes so the customers can pay!).

1  Thank Cakeybride
Reviewed 6 April 2015

With my family I had the opportunity to have lunch on Saturday before Easter 2015 and I could appreciate the nice view of La Moselle River and the excellent food they gave us. The Service was very good and the waiter spoiled us with a continuous assistence. I strongly recommend this restaurant for all above high standard quality. Obviously for an excellent lunch you have to pay a little more, but this is reasonable. Moreover the wine is oustanding and there is the availability to buy some bottles in the 'cave' behind the pavillon restaurant. Do not miss the brut of the Cremant de Louxembourg. A very speciality is the fried fish all you can eat.