“Very nice sunday lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Very nice terrasse, quite enjoyable in summer. Food is diverse and good, in the form of a buffet, but no one can claim going home hungry. Service was up to the place.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 26 June 2016

I had lunch here on fathers day, and I was not the only one. Pfff... so very crowded in this restaurant. This day, there was a buffet lunch for all guests. You could not chose anything else. But that was ok, since the buffet was very good.

So many choices of salads, meat and fish and the masterpiece for me was their homemade tiramisu that I took as dessert. All the food was very nice, the staff was working very hard. There was a lof of communication going on among the staff, but in a positive way: each waiter felt responsible for the quality of the food and service towards the guests. The waiters were (merely) guys from the old school: good knowledge of the wines, the food and they handle the right etiquette for everything they do.
The most impressive thing to me, was that the buffet was maintained so well. To maintain the quality of a buffet is rather difficult, especially when you have very much guests using it. I think these waiters did a very good job.

Sad thing about this place was the set-up of the restaurant area. A quite long-stretched building with on the middle the buffet, but only on 1 side the toilets. Old toilets, not that clean and definitely not appropriate for so many guests.

I think this place can become even more a hotspot, under the condition that the owners do some smart improvements. The food and service are already a very good basis.

Date of visit: June 2016
3  Thank Dorian Luc C
Reviewed 15 June 2016

First of all I would like to explain is that I am from The Netherlands, which means that English is not my native language. In advance I would like to apologies for any language and spelling errors in my review. I choose to write my reviews in English so may people can read or translate them.

Before I visit the cave of St Martin which is located behind this wonderful restaurant I first have enjoyed the bourgundian sunday mothersday lunchbuffet of the Pavillon St Martin.

This buffet was more than luxury, fresh and tastefull. Great waiters who worked very hard but always had the time to do everything you would asked them. Charming, fast, stylefull and polite.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that the main language the spoke was French or the Luvemburgish language. English or german was a problem. Fürther are the toilet facilities very bad.

Only one toilet in the men’s room which is not enough if you see how many quests are using this restaurant and the toilets are more than very dirty. The toilet is constantly occupied men are waiting in line to use it and nobody is cleaning the toilet during the openinghours of the restaurant.

What you can do is to walk to the back of the restaurant, in the opposite of the restaurant there is the reception of the cave Saint Martin and they have a clean toilet facility downstairs.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Richardvanhuizen
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant a few times, with family, for business and as a couple and it's always been good.
The food is nice. The service is generally friendly and polite.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank michele4444
Reviewed 17 September 2015

It's a great location sitting outdoors high up with views across the Moselle on the outskirts of this famous wine town. We stopped here for lunch half way through a cycle ride from Grevenmacher and our overall impressions were favourable - we ordered salades composees and a demi of local pinot noir. The food was fine; generous and imaginative portions and the wine was too. It wasn't very busy and the service, though pleasant enough, was pedestrian to be charitable, and the prices all told were pretty high for what we had.

Date of visit: September 2015