All reviews swimming pool high quality main highway amenities sauna luxembourg suite valley countryside colleague sports michelin
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We had some ups and downs during our experience in this hotel.
On the positive side, we were quite happy about the room and the style of the hotel (wood inside - german style). The breakfast in the morning is very good and with a lot of different choices. The care by the 2 ladies working at the Beauty Farm were very nice and for that we were quite happy.
On the negative side I would say that while having a massage, we heard lots of noise coming from the pool, so the sound system should be reviewed. There are no room where you can have massage in duo which is a pity. There is no silent room where you can relax, it is only next to the pool but then with the noise you can't really relax there.
The most negative aspect of our trip is that the hotel advertised a nice 4-course gastronomic dinner but then we were surprised that we had no choice regarding that menu. Everything was fixed and not really gastronomic as mentioned in the different booklets. Service was very slow and not very friendly. We asked to change the table and then we were badly served, always the last ones to be served as most of the people had the same menu. The waiters didn't smile, just put the plates on the tables without saying what it was. The wine waiter served the red wine while we were having the fish and took of the white wine glass even if it was not finished yet...We wanted to discuss with the wine waiter about one wine cellar but it appeared quickly that he didn't know so much about it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pierre K
Reviewed 16 December 2017

The original hotel is in German style (a loot of wood decoration). A new hotel is constructed beside with a very modern look and superb view over the valley. Very friendly and correct staff. Wide choice of meals and a cosy bar with a very big list of beverages. Swimming pool, sauna etc for free.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful area to visit in Luxemburg, unfortunately this hotel is just a joke if it's former self. Food is now below average, rooms feel like they need to be renovated and service has become terribly snooty. Such a shame, we used to love coming here, but I do believe this was our last.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I was told by a colleague from Luxembourg that the sporthotel was a must for an excellent staying in Luxembourg. And he was right! Excellent reception. We took the suite La tourelle with a fantastic view. Clean and efficient room. Availability to swim inside and outside in a clean and efficient swimming pool. Possibility for massage, sauna. I took also the chance to play bowling for free. They have 2 lanes for it. Never seen in my life an hotel with bowling lanes. Incredible. Then last but not least, the excellent dinner prepared by a chef who deserves at least 3 stars Michelin. Each dinner different form the others with high quality selection of meat and fish. Waiters at high level of education and always gentle. They accept cats and dogs. With kindergarten games it is also recommended for family with kids. My best appreciation to all the staff for this marvelous staying in your hotel. Highly recommended!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

A bit remote but very close to a main highway. Amazingly comfortable (I received a family suite), all the appropriate amenities and more for business and/or personal (especially family) travellers. Well suited for short and long stays. Truly a sports hotel with lots of indooor sport and recreation facilities. Spent almost a week and had a great time. Wish I had more time to enjoy all the sport amenities. Staff very friendly and accommodating (no pun intended !).

p.s. Breakfast is not to be missed. It is one of the best I have sampled in any of my hotel stays. International taste buds are very well covered. I think many will enjoy.

Would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Verify your Europe-US electrical outlet adapters fit in all the outlets you plan to use.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business