“Freshest seafood with style”
Review of Le Suroit

Le Suroit
Ranked #11 of 83 Restaurants in Perros-Guirec
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This restaurant with wonderful views of the boat harbour, was recommended by our hotel Les Costans. We had a memorable meal there: the seafood salad, scallop terrine, followed by the two fish for myhuts and ad I bravely tried skate fish: delicious! The staff were friendly and attentive, even with our minimal French. The desserts were also wonderful: nougat with blackberry coulis and the creme brûlée . An outstanding meal for a reasonable price. Nice Riesling to wash it down.

1  Thank Suzanne2303

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is my 2nd visit to this restaurant, and I'm very glad I returned.

The place looks attractive, and has views of the harbour. It helps if you like boats. Once inside, things just get better. A modern, tasteful and stylish decor greets you along with friendly and helpful staff. It is a comfortable ambience which contributes to a god evening.

The food was faultless. I don't think I've ever said/written that before. The starter, billed as a salmon and prawn salad was amazing. It was a taste sensation, with so many different refreshing flavours bursting in my mouth. It included fruits,avocado, cured duck and more.

I chose steak with bernaise sauce for the main course. For me choosing steak shows the triumph of optimism over experience. I love a good steak, and am so often dissapointed. Not so this time. It was cooked to perfection ('a point' for me). I've heard the phrase 'the meat melted like butter in my mouth' which I've often thought a bit odd, but it really fitted this steak. Tender, succulent and tasty.

Dessert was café gourmand. Coffee with a trio of desserts. All superb.

The service was friendly, helpful and efficient, whilst remaining unobtrusive.

Sadly such excellence doesn't come cheap. The bill was about 48€ for one, which included less than 10€ for drinks. An aperitif and one glass of a good Bordeaux. But in fairness, this was a la carte, and the menus started around 29€. In addition, Perros Guirec is an attractive and up market town, and the price was nt significantly higher than other restaurants here.

If you enjoy excellent food, excellent service, with a comfortable ambience, this is the place to come.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Nice and friendly staff.We could easily make an order even though we don't speak french and staff doesn't know english well. Serve quickly.
There is mainly seafod in menu. Delicious though. You can order a big plate of seafood: crab, scampi, shrimps, snails etc. Nice place for those who wants to taste seafood.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel and also came highly recommended via this web site. The food was good with a comprehensive menu, although very much aimed at the fish lover. There were some nice additional contemporary dishes included which made a refreshing change. The staff were helpful and did their best to make up for our limited French. We would go back if we were staying here again.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is a lovely restaurant, especially for fans of seafood, which unfortunately I'm not, but my hosts didn't know that. The food was well cooked and service was very quick and efficient. The food was well presented and although I'm not a fan of seafood the plaice dish I had was very nice.