“Good food, excellent staff”
Review of Spice Garden

Spice Garden
Ranked #106 of 169 Restaurants in Morzine
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I visited Spice garden with my auntie and uncle a few weeks back. Indian food being my favourite, I was excited to try spice garden after a long day of speedy skiing.

I have to say that Our waitress was amazing, she was hilarious, attentive even when she was obviously busy dealing with the amount of takeaways coming in. Aurelia ? or Ophelia ? I think her name is, she was really great.

I'll look forward to coming back to eat and have a laugh again soon I would recommend.

Thanks!

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Some of us had an OK curry, but the majority were really watery sauces with meat or veg seemingly introduced at the last minute.

Quite expensive as well. There a a few tables if you wish to eat in.

We won't be going back.

Sharon D, Owner at Spice Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

I was sorry to read your review I tried to contact you personally but got no reply. We cook all our food fresh so the meat cannot be added at the end otherwise it would be raw.

If you are back in Morzine at any time please do go in and speak to Mahmud and Munna our chefs, they are our only chefs so that quality of the food cannot change from night to night so we do not understand how your food could differ from all our other customers.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

We went to this place following reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor- perhaps I should have read them all before trying the place.

Good points- the food was really tasty and well cooked. The English girl who served us was friendly and polite.

Bad points-
the food was served in "take away" foil cartons even though we were sitting in.
The relishes that come with the popadoms were served in tiny plastic tubs (and I do mean tiny).
It isn't a restaurant (which I hadn't realised from the few reviews I read beforehand) it is more of a take away with a few tables that are very much canteen style. I know that we could have gone somewhere else once we realised this, but you know how it is when you really want an Indian!
The place was freezing as the door didn't shut properly. Apparently it had recently been fixed but it had broken again and apparently it had been broken since last year.
The price of the food was expensive. Even though we had eaten in and the price was the same as take away prices, it was expensive for what it was, much more expensive than Indian meals in the U.K.

We had 3 popadoms with relish, one chicken balti, one king prawn jalfrezi, one cheesy naan bread, one mushroom fried rice, one can of lager and one small bottle of cider and it was about €50, in fact it was more expensive than La Rotonde.

So overall, don't expect a nice restaurant to sit in for your meal. Do expect to enjoy your food as it is very good, but you have to pay the price for that tastiness.

Would we go back again? yes, but only to pick up a takeaway.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

It wad a suprise to find this place. Food was good but a bit pricey for what it was. The guys seem to try hard so credit due. It would be good to try oyher dishes. It wasnt busy so they were cooking well would like to go when they are busy.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We have used Spice Garden a few times and always found the food to be excellent, that's why we keep going back. Great staff and the service is always efficient. On our last trip to Les Gets, we were delighted to find that a delivery service was available to Le Cowbell. A few beers in Le Cowbell whilst the curry was delivered was a great idea, you can even eat it in Le Cowbell if you like. Will definitely be visiting again on our next trip.

Sharon D, Owner at Spice Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Thank you for your review we strive to produce excellent food and the best way possible for all our customers to get their takeaway. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.