“Great place to stay”
Review of Chalet Eira

Chalet Eira
Ranked #15 of 49 Morzine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Was here for 4 nights and can't rate the place highly enough. The hosts Simon and Susie are fantastic and that filters the whole way down through all the staff. It's situated in a great location, two minute walk to the town centre and right across the road from a bus stop if you don't feel like walking to the piste (still only a short walk). Really relaxed atmosphere, the place is spotless and the food is fantastic. I've been to Morzine a few times and this is easily the best place I have stayed. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

Can recommend. Family run, amazing food. Very clean and good value. Good location 10 mins walk from centre and near free bus service. Rooms are basic but has a great TV room bar area to relax and even a lovely family dog to stroke. Free WiFi, boot room, very reasonable ski hire and a very hot and good sized jacuzzi. I'm sure I will visit again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank fil321
Reviewed 24 February 2016

I stayed here with a group of friends and I can honestly say that everything was spot on ... apart from the price which seemed too cheap for what we got!
Rooms, not lavish but spotlessly clean, spacious and plenty of drying space for your wet kit. Brekky was DIY (coffee, tea, juices, boiled eggs, toast, yoghurts ...) but it was quality and there was plenty of it. Dinner was absolutely top notch, a 4 course feast every night, and they weren't shy with the wine.
The bar was fantastic (they even have Guinness on tap), pool table, TV for a bit of casual sport watching (it didn't dominate the room).
What really made the chalet was the group of people running it; Simon and Susie captain the ship fantastically, and their team were all great. Friendly, helpful, gave advice on everything from slopes to buses.
This was my first stay and I can see people keep going back ... BOOK IT !!!
I forgot to mention Morzine and the snow ... great town, lots of snow at Avoriaz even if the lower slopes are patchy.

Room Tip: All my group had mountain views ... the hot tub is hot
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Chalet Eira is THE chalet to stay when in Morzine. It's located in a commanding position on the edge of the town which means it has great views and it's quiet (no shouty neighbours!). The chalet and the rooms are warm (I switched the heating off, the room was so cozy) and the beds really comfortable and clean. My room had a sheltered balcony with a lovely view of the mountains. The food at Eira is exceptional. Really exceptional. I actually get depressed at the end of the visits here when I have to come home to my own cooking. :( The chalet is close to bus stops for town (downstairs exit) or Avoriaz (main entrance up top) and a short step away from a walk through the woods if you don't want to ski. The chalet has a lift so when you stagger in from your adventures you can ignore the stairs and head straight up in the lift for your afternoon cake. Lush... I had a short trip this time but Morzine is so close to Geneva that it's an easy hop to the ski slopes and Simon has everything there at his own ski hire shop that you can relax and pack light. The staff are really friendly and chatty, which is very welcoming. When I was there the chalet was full so no chance to use the hot tub but my room had a large, deep bath so I had a good alternative. The bar, lounge and dining rooms are at the top of the chalet and all have great views of the mountains. And there's wifi throughout the chalet so I could get some work done too (boo!). I love coming here. It's all good.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2016

A pretty well located chalet close to a ski bus stop but a rather treacherous path down to the road when it is icy. chalets never have enough coat hooks and this one keeps up the tradition. You have loads of kit that needs to be hung up when skiing so please can chalet owners invest a few cents and stick 4 or 5 in every room.
Fantastic bar with great views. Excellent food and service. Generally a joy to stay here.
It doesn't affect me but I am reliably informed that ladies like a full length mirror in the room but alas there was none in our room.
A small annoyance but I can understand the reasons. Every day when we got back from skiing, the radiators had been turned off in our room and bathroom which made it cold just when you want a bath or shower. Yes same the planet but do not freeze your guests in the process.
I would stay again but they need to fix these few minor issues.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends