“Superb food”

Gemelli
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Bryanston
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Went with our ladies supperclub last week and I was very impressed. The place is quite noisy, very vibey and upmarket. The service was great and the food very good. I had the pepper fillet which is served with polenta cubes but they had no hesitation in exchanging that for mashed potato for me. Meat was done to perfection- I have medium rare, and it was spot on. For dessert I tried the torta di formaggio baked almond cheesecake, almond nougat, cranberry gel, meringue and marzipan gelato, decadent, tasty but very rich. I suggest sharing dessert. The house merlot is very good. Prices are quite steep but you certainly get what you pay for.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love the food here. The service is always magnificent and the food is defy the best on Jozi.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The last three times I've been I've ordered the same simple pasta napolitana. Not because I'm boring but because it was that good. When a restaurant can get such a simple dish right, you know they're good. Simple ingredients- absolute perfection, stuff dreams are made of. Portions are quite small so feel free to order starters and/ or dessert. Quite pricey and booking absolutely essential. Insist on sitting in the main area not the horrible "walk-in area" by the door.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that we did not book ( which we normally do) and we were taken to the " walk - in area " and new section of the restaurant where the old entrance used to be. I was not happy- you can see it's an add - on and it lacks atmosphere ( we were there over lunch - it may be different at night ). We chatted to our waiter and he managed to find us a table in the " main " area - we then had a perfect lunch - good food and good service

2  Thank Beechman1
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere is welcoming and warm, the staff is friendly and well trained.

With the hype of Gemelli, I would say I expected more, but the food was good and a lovely experience.