See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2016

We've stayed in this motel before. Last time it was in one of the bigger rooms in the front of the motel. This time we stayed in one of the smaller, basic rooms at the back. The rooms at the back are considerably smaller but clean and cozy. There is no microwave or fridge but the owners informed us that they recently had electrical work done to add a small bar fridge to the rooms. If you want a place to sleep and rest from a hard days driving, this is the place. Prices for the back rooms start at $55 plus tax. If you're looking for the Sandman or anything that towns have to offer, keep driving. If you're looking for a comfortable, affordable place to sleep stop here. The owners are super friendly and go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. Let them know if you have issues because they will bend over backwards to try and help. We have never had any problems with this place. Their dog is fence protective but an absolute sweetheart away from his space. Of course, anyone with dogs will know that they can be highly protective of their environment. And being a motel, one would think that a dog that protects the place would be an asset. My husband and I will definitely come back here. Thank you Tasha & Roderick for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Front rooms are better; kitchen &separate bedroom. Back rooms are just basic.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T D
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Ok stay after a long day of driving and going through a huge storm outside Prince George. We needed to stop for the night. Found this place even in the dark. Got the last 2 rooms available. The rooms were very small, but clean and the old style low bed was so comfy. Off the highway, so quiet. The price was so good, but what I would expect to pay for this quality.The new coffee maker did not work, but I just borrowed the one from the other room. One of the rooms had a 14" tube TV, but that did not mater to us. The owner was great. If your looking for fancy, upscale or anything above average don't find this place, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

We were headed south for a family holiday and because none of the hotels we wanted to stay at in Prince George were easily accessible off the highway, we continued our drive. Husband got tired by the time we reached Hixon so we looked for a place there. Only two options but the Paradise Motel is far from Paradise. We got in at 12:30 or something like that and the sign said they were open so my husband rang the bell. We got a room in a timely manner and the price was good at $81. Unfortunately, our room wreaked of cigarette smoke despite signs outside and inside our room telling people not to smoke in the rooms. There was a full fridge and stove with sink and some dishes which I guess would be good if you were in town for awhile for work. There was a long list of specific rules and extra charges on the back of the door. For example, if you used dishes and left them unwashed upon departure then they would charge you extra for washing them. The bathroom had all it needed but was super out of date and smelly despite looking clean and having a clean seal on the toilet. We were all exhausted (my driving husband, my 7.5 month pregnant self, and our two toddlers) so just wanted to sleep. It wasn't a comfortable sleep just because the place felt so dingy. When we woke up in the morning, it was definitely a hurry up and get out feeling. The office wasn't open yet (I think it opened at 9am) so my husband had to leave our key in the mailbox. My husband and I agreed we would never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Roderick M, Owner at Paradise Motel of Hixon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2015

We're sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations. Improvements to the motel have been ongoing and the conditions of the rooms and amenities are slowly improving. We wish we knew of your concerns when you stayed here so we could of offered you a different room.

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

I would rate this motel between poor and average - depending upon one's need for rest. We stopped after a long day of driving.

Our room at the back was very small but okay for one night. And, it was obviously quieter than the front rooms. Mattress a bit droopy; towels had seen better days.

We set up our folding chairs in the back parking lot in order to have a picnic dinner.

The owners' dog isn't used to people and gave us quite a scare until it was called off - just a caution.

We did have a good walk along the nearby river in the evening.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My room was big, clean, and has sofa and kitchen with every need even spices. The location is great, the motel owner is helpful and friendly, and the rate is great, it starts from $55. Yeah, the TV has over 200 channels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo