All reviews afternoon tea sunday lunch country house hotel welcome drink beautiful hotel elemis toiletries roll top bath on arrival jacuzzi and steam room hunter suite small hotel rump steak every single member of staff friends birthday cooked perfectly beautiful bathroom drawing room
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Decided last minute to dine here, so took advantage of the early evening offer. Arrived early, to have a pre-meal drink in the bar area. Great décor and service, which showed a real knowledge of the local brands being used. The dining room is presented really well, loved the décor and the food was fantastic. The flavours were great, really enjoyed it. The location is great, parking was easy. Would definitely re-visit.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Everything from start to finish was just perfect! Location, hotel interior/ exterior , food, staff and attention to detail.
We stayed for one night with dinner B/b .
A lot of the food is locally sourced including some veg from their own garden.
We were very lucky with the autumnal weather and had a chance to explore the area on foot .The views were stunning .
We love this very special hotel .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imeldasweeney
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

A three night stay. 24/25/26 September 18. Half board. Travel alone. Ambulant Disabled. There was absolutely, totally, utterly, nothing that one can complain about here. Not even the pedantic could . Beautiful surroundings. Staff, and hospitality, second to none. Nothing is too much trouble. Absolutely nothing. Reception even went to the trouble of booking more of a chauffeur service, than a taxi, on my first evening to The Sage Theatre, Gateshead. And that was before I arrived too. Room 5 allocated to facilitate my mobility issues, as it is nearest the lift. Staff were as understanding of my issues as can be. Room 5 has everything one wants for a more than pleasant stay. The leisure facilities were not tried. I was in the minority on that score. The many places to sit, relax, snooze, were indeed test driven. All fabulous. Fridge/hospitality tray were replenished daily. List of positives is endless. Negatives? I shall let you know should I think of any. . I shall return. Thank you all.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Ros1ep
Reviewed 26 September 2018

10 of us met here for the latest in a series of 'cousins' lunches. Walwick Hall displays a discreet sign at the entrance off the 'Military Road' so we overshot on arrival. After that, parking is easy and the setting is magnificent. We gathered in opulent drawing- room surroundings: all-enveloping sofas, roaring fire and all. After very friendly young staff had offered elegant menus we took our places in a comfortable and roomy dining room. (I was amused by a very 'busy' wallpaper design on the end wall.) Service was timely and discreet, but the already-plated meal puzzled we older folk (at 78 I was the youngest): vegetables in a pile covered by a generous 'lid' of meat. 'Let's see what we've got under here.' was heard more than once. Sadly, at least two of us thought the pork was possibly undercooked - it was certainly very tough - and that applied to my wife's lamb too.This rather took the edge off for us and so our summary as we drove home was that on that occasion Walwick Hall had let itself down.

Room Tip: We did not stay.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OldiePlymouth_UK
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The friendliest most helpful staff you could wish for providing an unforgettable home from home experience in the most convivial surroundings. I would definitely stay again.
The meals were delicious, unfussy and served without having to wait any time before or between courses.

Room Tip: Hunter is a really excellent room. Bright, quiet with panoramic views of the Northumberland countryside.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple