“Thanks Takeaway Chinese meal”
Review of China Water

China Water
Price range: US$14 - US$56
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: China Water is one of Buckinghamshire's finest Oriental restaurants located in the picturesque village of Aston Clinton. Our experienced Chefs, use only the very best produce and ingredients that have been carefully selected to produce some of the very best regional dishes from around the far East specialising in Cantonese, Peking and Szechuan regions with selected dishes from Thailand and Japan. You can be assured that there is something for everybody. Start your experience off with a drink at the bar, or if weather permit the peaceful water garden, once you have wet your appetite it's time to move to your table to enjoy your meal in comfortable elegant surroundings.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks
Takeaway Chinese meal for two last week was incredibly good, and good value for money will return often!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (208)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great food tonight, really delicious, hot and ready on time. Thanks for a really delicious meal . Very lucky to have you

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 18 October 2020

Having previously eaten in at China Water a few times and ordering numerous takeaways, I've just had the most dreadful customer service experience phoning to place a takeaway order. I was told that they don't cater for vegans (I am vegan) and that the food I have eaten previously was not vegan (clearly I had been told before that it was). The lady I was talking to on the phone kept asking the manager questions and - when I asked to speak to the manager to clarify the situation - I heard him say to the lady that he didn't want to talk to me and the lady told me he was too busy.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank a_beach_please
PhilipC787, General Manager at China Water, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Please can you email your contact details to Chinawateruk@gmail.co.uk so discuss and hopefully rectify the issue.

Not sure what has happened, regarding your last call, but it something I will look into , as we do other vegan options, obviously we are not a vegan restaurant, but we are able to offer vegan dishes that contain no animal derived ingredients.

I can only apologise for the experience from your last call.

Reviewed 18 September 2020

Used to spend over £100 on month here on takeaways...
After a bad dining-in experience I thought I would do some research on China Water.

2018- Food Hygiene Rating = 2

2020 – Food Hygiene Rating = 1
Food Hygiene and Safety = POOR
Structural Compliance = POOR
Confidence in Management=POOR

I was unaware of the above, but now you have certainly lost 4 customers..

Let me know when you get rid of the manager.... He clearly cant run a restaurant

(FYI - Some of the early good reviews are from when it was an Indian Restaurant - not sure how they can claim them)

Date of visit: September 2020
3  Thank PlaneAreMyThing
Reviewed 13 September 2020

Never have I been treated so badly for no reason. I wouldn't recommend visiting this place as you may be asked to leave before you get to taste anything. If you are looking for really good food I'd head to the green dragon in Wendover where not only is the food amazing but the staff are actually polite.

Still in shock!!!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank K5751PZchrisr
PhilipC787, General Manager at China Water, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to set up this new TripAdvisor account, having reviewed the CCTV footage and speaking to other patrons on the evening and indeed the the members of staff involved in your evening, there are a few things that may have escaped your memory. Your party of four arrived to what our staff describe a very merry which in itself wasnt a issue, given the circumstances of the lockdown etc, this was an opportunity to enjoy yourself which is great. However being patronising to our staff in a loudish manner is not, also throwing a pint of beer on the floor is also not welcomed. If you feel that this acceptable behaviour in a restaurant, then we apologise for throwing you out, but we do not seem this to be acceptable. And yes we are still in shock to see this happen.