Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
2,366 results
All reviews on site chip shop swimming pool evening entertainment crazy golf central heating play area live lounge touring caravan lake district great site clean site prestige caravan little boy long weekend base to explore night break
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Holiday was booked due to good reviews, however, we noticed that the reviews had dramatically changed this summer. In desperation we tried to book somewhere else, but were unable to. We also tried many times to contact Haven but no body answered. We had no choice but to give Haven a chance.
Positives;
- The caravan was well equipped and generally clean, although some draws had not been cleaned and still had people’s belongings inside.
- location was beautiful.
- ‘Visiting’ evening entertainment was good.
Negatives;
- To do anything you had to wait in a sometimes lengthy queue (manned by only one member of staff).
- For various reasons that I never really had a clear explanation for the Lake, pool and craft activities were all closed. I was told they would be opened at the end of the week, or some on the last day of our holiday, which of course I explained was completely pointless to us.
- On the day of arrival I asked what was available I was told the pool, golf and the hire of some equipment on the lake. I was not aware that the hire of equipment was extra to the ‘stay and play’ passes we had already purchased. When I asked what the point of the passes was the young lady behind the counter said ‘so you can book things’. I asked to speak to a Manager and the manager said there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to someone higher than her. A young man said very similar. I then had to ask to speak to someone else. He took me to the reception office and spent a long while in the back. When he eventually emerged it was to tell me that there was a sentence on the website explained that hire charges apply. What amazed me was not that I had missed this sentence on the website but the young man (manager) had spent his time searching the website to find this sentence rather than rectify the situation. He thought this was an adequate response! When I asked about all the activities that were closed and how we could be compensated he said he couldn’t help! I then asked to get a refund of the pass. One of the receptionist (with long dark hair) assisted me with this. She was sympathetic to the situation and offered a £80 refund for the passes and the opportunity to keep them. I accepted this, as I knew my children would be very disappointed to loose out on swimming, as well as everything else.
- Haven had adopted a booking system for everything. This meant that if you didn’t book in advance you could loose your opportunity to use the pool as well as hire and golf. We could not book the pool for the first three days and thereafter had to just take what was left.
The whole idea of a holiday is to be free to do whatever you like, when you like, so having a timetable (even for crazy golf) defeats the object of a relaxing time. Plus people then overbook (just in case) and if they make other arrangements and don’t turn up to the pool, there is no way of rebooking these places (a member of staff confirmed this also).
- we never ate in the restaurant, as we were advised by other guests there was hardly any food on offer.

4  Thank susanaA682
Lakeland Haven, Guest Services / Front Office at Lakeland Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear susanaA682,
Thank you for writing a review on your most recent holiday. I am incredibly sorry to read that you and your family did not have an enjoyable stay.
The location of the site is truly beautiful, we are blessed to be in such a lovely location.

I can only apologise that during your stay we did experience a number of issues regarding the activities. We never want to close any activities but in this case it was unavoidable. As with the majority of the hospitality industry at the current time, we too are experiencing team shortages. The team who continue to work during this time are all working as hard as they can to ensure that the best experience is provided.
I do appreciate that you highlighted these issues up with the team in reception, this allows us to recognise the issue quickly and try to find a resolution for you. I am pleased that in the end we did manage to issue a refund to you.

In regards to the extra purchase of activities, this has always been the case and we do offer some free activities. I am sorry that this was not communicated to you clearly prior to arrival.
All swimming slots are released on Tuesday for the week following. Therefore during the Monday to Friday breaks, the slots are renewed on the Tuesday during your holiday. Any additional slots can be booked on park subject to availability.
The restaurant has been restricted to a limited menu due to lack of delivery drivers. This is something we will work around and hope to restore the full menu soon.

I do hope in the future you give us the opportunity to change your opinion of Haven. If you have any further queries please contact our reception team on 015395 58556.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Despite reading less positive reviews prior to our arrival, we decided to make our own minds up about Haven Lakeland and I’m so pleased we did.
Thank
From start to finish we have had a thoroughly enjoyable time and most importantly our 5 year olds daughter had a fantastic holiday.

Staff were friendly, polite and helpful across the whole site. Accommodation was immaculate. We stayed at Mucklethwaite which is of the parks more quiet areas located on the edge of the site near one of the parks own lakes. One thing we noticed was how well kept the site was - beautiful surrounding maintained so well and very clean.

Many of the complaints or negative reviews surround the new booking system for activities abs entertainment. Tip: download the app in advance. There is admittedly very little signal in the caravans, but with the free WiFi in the main area you can easily book activities or you can pre-book from home. We didn’t have an issue accessing anything. The Bug Fest show in the day was fabulous. The animal man brings in a range of creatures and puts on such a show to entertains kiddies and parents alike.
Again, the Spin and Sparkle show was fabulous. So interactive and fun for little ones. The usual evening entertainment was lovely and exactly what you expect.
The new Marina area is very modern and staff do their best to make sure everyone has an evening to remember.

We chose to eat at our caravan most evening with a combination of cooking for ourselves and fish and chips from onsite. Food was always freshly prepared and despite some reviews talking about huge queues, there actually weren’t any queues at all. Yes people were served and waited outside for their order, but no real queues of any great length. The shop stocked everything you could need: fresh fruit, veg, frozen food, ready meals, toiletries and even fresh pastries every morning. We noticed there is a delivery every day so no danger of running out. The gift shop inside the shop might have been a little low on souvenirs, but there was also another shop inside the entertainment.

We hired a pedlo, peddle kart and made the most of the several children play areas on site, not to mention the beautiful walk along the sea front adjacent to the park.

It’s so important to remember that this park is in the Lake Districts so it’s essential to get out and see the surroundings as well. Ullswater one hour away, Windermere 30 minutes away. Both amazing days out.

Will definitely be returning for another lovely break.

2  Thank Amynoel00

Dear Amynoel100,
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of your holiday. I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed all of the facilities.
I will pass on all of your comments to the relevant team, in times like these all of the positive comments are reassuring that we can still deliver the Haven holiday we all know and love.

We are incredibly lucky to have such talented and hardworking team who help maintain the standard of the park.
We cannot wait to welcome you back in the future for more magical memories. If w can be of any assistance with any future bookings please do not hesitate to contact the reception team on 015395 58556.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

Positives:
staff are all pleasant and helpful, not one rude member of staff
We were able to get 2 pool slots
We were able to go to one evening entertainment and that was enjoyable
Had two maintence issues that were solved very promptly (shower head broken and power cut)

Negatives:
Outdoor pool was closed but no reason given for why
Outdoor park near bar was OK but it needed to be bigger. It would be quite the money spinner as parents were there every day having a drink and watching their kids on the park
Nothing is open in the morning. We took the kids to the park at 10am and couldn't get a coffee even though there was a bar. Very odd.
We stayed in a Prestige Caravan but didn't have a dishwasher which we normally have in a Prestige.
Our activity we booked and paid for was cancelled and we weren't told until we were at the activity. We planned our day around this. Was told 14 days for a refund! Not ideal as a morning wasted.
Play passes aren't worth it as 2 x swimming and 1 x evening entertainment isn't really worth the money
We went to another play park on site as on the map it showed ice creams being sold, but they weren't - again very odd as it would be a money maker!

Overall we had a good holiday as we did some lovely walks and ventured out beyond the park most days. It made a great base. I just feel like it could be amazing like the Caister-on-Sea Haven or the Devon Cliffs. It's a big park, but the facilities seem more suited to a smaller one.

We wouldn't stay again.

If you are going though, the holiday will be what you make it. And go to Flookburgh and have a cruffin from Fat Flour. They are amazing!

1  Thank Jayne L

Dear Jayne L,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your holiday at Haven Lakeland and thank you for recognising the professionalism of our team, and I am pleased that our maintenance team were able to resolve your problems quickly.

We appreciate all suggestions and I will pass your comments on to the relevant management for review.
I can only apologise for the miscommunication regarding your activities. This is something we need to work on as a park and this will be reviewed. We never wish to cancel any activities and I am sorry that this happened during your stay.

The play passes only allow you to book 8 swimming slots and 1 slot in the marina before arrival. This is to allow the fairest opportunity for all guests to have access to the venues. Our team is more than happy to allow walk-ins on the day subject to availability.

Overall, I am glad you enjoyed the majority of your holiday. I agree, the cruffins from Fat flout are delicious! I do hope you may reconsider visiting Haven Lakeland in the future and give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the park. If we can do this please contact the reception team on 015395 58556.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

We just finished our Monday to Friday stay at Lakeland Haven and after reading some reviews we were a little sceptical but we ended up having a brilliant time.

Check in was smooth and on time.

Caravan - We had a prestige caravan on Mucklethwaite and check in was between 2 and 3pm. Keys and a welcome pack were waiting for us in our kitchen and the door was taped up ready for us going in after it had been cleaned. It was very clean and tidy, more than enough room and the beds were comfy. You could see the lake and it was very relaxing and quiet. I honestly couldn't fault it and we checked all cupboards and appliances. The grass was kept short and we saw staff doing some litter picking early doors, although there was rarely any rubbish to be honest.

Food - The My Haven app works only for the Marina Bar. Not for the Lakeside where you eat. In there it is either table service or you order at the bar. The staff let you know which depending on the day. There were some supply issues with food so a very limited menu in the Lakeside Bar, but it was explained to us as soon as we arrived at our table on the Tuesday evening that they would be getting a delivery the following day and they were very apologetic. The food we did order was delicious and hot and arrived quickly. The same again the following day for lunch, however the menu was exactly the same. No sandwiches or jacket potatoes etc only main meals. This could do with being a bit more varied. We also ate in the chippy twice which was very good and serves huge portions. A large chips would feed three people. We didn't go in Papa Johns but plenty of people did. Unfortunately a lot of those people left all their pizza boxes and rubbish piled on the outdoor tables which left it looking a mess and took up tables that others could have used. The staff had to clear them away at closing (10pm in the Lakeside Bar) which was a shame. Take your rubbish with you people! There are plenty of bins about.

Drink - This was a bit of an issue. They were a little understaffed bar wise and there were huge queues a couple of nights in both bars. We started buying two at a time to reduce the time queuing. Not necessarily their fault, isolation etc. If you want a quiet drink I would recommend the afternoon in the Lakeside.

Tables - Book in advance! You can book a table for breakfast, lunch or dinner two weeks before arrival via the My Haven app which we did and had no problem. Saw quite a lot of disappointed people turning up expecting to be seated and being told it was full. However, they do have quite a lot of outside seating and some seating near the kitchen area to the right of the bar indoors that is not reserved and you can just sit there for a drink. They will give you plastic cups if you are sitting outside and you can eat your takeaway there too. They have umbrellas on a few tables and some are under shelter so the rain isn't a huge issue.

Activities - Again book in advance! Cannot stress this one highly enough. You may be lucky and get on when you arrive but to save the hassle just book well beforehand. We did it months before we arrived and it was fine. Same for swimming I believe but we did not want to use the pools so I'm not 100% on that. I did notice the outside pool which looked lovely was closed the whole week. Not sure why as the weather was fantastic for two of the days at least.

We did mini golf, pedalos and target shooting. They were all good but the target shooting in particular was excellent and Kyle who ran it was really friendly and made it fun for everyone.

Mini Market - The shop was well stocked and the staff in here are especially busy and yet still friendly and served everyone as quickly as possible. Any queue went down fast.

Staff - Obviously everyone has different experiences but we found every staff member we came across to be very friendly and helpful and they always had a smile despite what must be a very stressful time. They made our stay much much enjoyable.

Kids - We took my 11yr old and he is all about football. There is a big field at the back of the Lakeside Bar and it has a set of goals. There is also a smaller sports area near the shop where the kids also took their footballs on and had a kick about together which was nice. That same area is used for segway activities in the day so is out of use at those times but the field is always there.

Overall we had a great time and it really is what you make it. A little forward planning makes all the difference!

Dear Jennifer M,
Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay. We really appreciate all reviews as it allows us to recognise areas for improvement and which areas are succeeding.

I am pleased to read you found our new check in system efficient, this was our main aim. Mucklethwaite is a beautiful area on the park and I am glad you got to experience the tranquility of being by the lake. Thank you for being patient with the team in the restaurant whilst we work through some supply issues. The team is very appreciative of this.

It is lovely to read that you and your family enjoyed all of the activities and I will pass on your kind comments to Kyle. We do hope to welcome you back in the future, if we can be of any assistance with future bookings please contact the reception team on 015395 58556.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 August 2021

The caravan was very nice and facilities were good.Papa John’s a bit overpriced but good.Claw machines are hard to win.Blake was on trampoline duty and his funny jokes and voices were superb.Well done Blake!!Security Team employee Patrick helped a young child find her parents
But most activities paid but some worth it!

Nathan Egan

3  Thank NathansUKTravels

Dear NatMazGaz1234,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful five star review! Your kind words are much appreciated. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the activities and our sports and leisure team, especially Blake, were able to provide a magical experience. I will pass all of your comments on. We do hope to welcome you back in the future for lots more memory making. If we can be of any assistance with any future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact the reception team on 015395 58556.