“Does not disappoint! Worth a visit. Great menu, nice views, wonderful atmosphere”
Review of El Quenepo

El Quenepo
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Esperanza
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fine dining located on the waterfront in Esperanza. Innovative cuisine with lots of flavors. Featured items include fresh local seafood, specialty cocktails, and local greens. Vegan and vegetarian items also available.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Definitely worth a visit. Menu is wonderful and creative. Lobster was amazing. Nice wine and cocktail list.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

This was our meal out while moored off Vieques. Our meal wasn't amazing but it was good with great atmosphere and super service (by a Massachusetts transplant no less!). I started with ceviche which was really good. We shared the special steak. It was good, but could have been served hot rather than just warm. The grit cakes under it were good - sort of a local polenta.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

We returned to El Quenepo for our 9th straight year. Warm greetings and great stylized food always. Foodies will be delighted and for those who are choosey don't despair, accommodations can and will be made. Scott and Kate offer very fresh locally sourced proteins and vegetables, some you may not be familiar with but definitely worth a try. Check out the bar area, Joey will be happy to custom make your choice cocktail or try one of their inventive stylings. Warm and inviting atmosphere and a view to the Malecon make dining so delightful, buen provecho!

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

In Vieques there are many restaurants and I had not been to El Quenepo yet. I was invited by a visiting friend and I was amazed about how good the vegetarian option was! The environment Is nice and the waitres was very kind and helpful.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were really looking forward to going back to El Quenepo, but we were a bit disappointed.

The staff and setting were just as nice as I remembered.

The dishes were imaginative, but the quality of the cooking of the main ingredients was not what I remember. My tuna was over-cooked. The lamb chop was great but the other 2 of the lamb 3 ways were not as good. Better just go with three excellent lamb chops.

Not sure we'll be going back. There are other nice restaurants.