“Not great ”
Review of Craft Cafe Bistro

Craft Cafe Bistro
Ranked #27 of 126 Restaurants in Newry
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Description: The bistro café boasts a vibrant interior which provides a glamorous stage for our signature dishes - the foundation for our mouth-watering menu. The menu is made up of high quality, fresh, seasonal ingredients and is centred around the theme of modern Irish cuisine.
Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

We booked this well in advance for a birthday treat. There was 7 of us and yes we didn't expect food out immediately but we waited well over an hour. 5 of us ordered steak but on menu it didn't say it came with chips, so we ordered a few Rosemary and garlic potatoes.
I only wish I had taken photos of them, none of us could eat them nor could we get attention of staff to change. Has we had waited so long, we just wanted to go. I went to get bill and told waitress about the potatoes. She was very argumentative saying that ,that's the way they are cooked, eventually she said she would ask the chef, and she came back stating that the chef agreed that was how they are cooked. We paid and left.
But considering that our bill was £175 approx, they made such a fuss over 2 portion of potatoes. We all were so disappointed with our experience here.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 25 September 2021

Food average, prices average, wait horrendous. Would not recommend especially for families or people who don’t have at least 2 hours to spend there as based on my experience you will not get food within around an hour if you get it at all. Art Barfunkel a better bet in my experience.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank 337damianhdhd
Reviewed 17 August 2021

Only in Newry for half a day. Went to try the French Toast - was so good I had it three times.
If I lived in Newry, I wouldn't last long. My cause of death would be recorded as "French Toast".

Oh, personally it worked best when I had the granola on the side rather than on the toast which they do normally.

In summary, my main recollection of Newry will be the Craft Bistro French Toast.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Some of the best food in Newry at the moment, in a beautiful and modern bistro. We have visited Craft for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is fantastic. Good options for vegetarian, would recommend the feta salad and the cauliflower popcorn. Service is friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Family ordered 5 different dishes, all were delicious and the staff were great only complaint is the paper menus were filthy

Date of visit: June 2021