Lowest prices for your stay
US$102
US$87
Hotels.comUS$102
PricelineUS$101
getaroom.comUS$114
All reviews race course executive room reception staff mini bar good size stayed here for one night car park an overnight stay tea and coffee races cambridge hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2021

Tucked away right next to the horse racing track this was comfortable affordable place to stay, I was only there one night but it was quiet the room well equipped and clean

The reception lad was a little lack lustre could've been a little more welcoming almost seemed a hassle to check me in!

Date of stay: August 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Molly Clark, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2021

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, and thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I have made our Reception Manager aware of your feedback, so that she can discuss your comments with her team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights as part of Coach Holiday with Edward's Coaches, South Wales. Hotel is nice and clean but evening food for the group was mediocre. Cleaning of the rooms could be better. Nice superking size bed, reasonably comfortable. Due to another group of youngsters arriving from our second night, we had evening meal at 6pm. Bar is reasonable but only Guiness as ale.

Room tip: Avoid racing days. You need a car. There are no shops or pubs around here so have to use hotel bar.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback which helps use look at the service we provide to our tour groups in the new year.

Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

First time starting at this hotel. Staff were very nice, good communal areas. Executive room looked nice on first impressions but then realised that all wasn’t so good.
The first thing we noticed was there was only one set of towels/dressing gown etc. This was not a major problem, just a trip to reception to get some more. We then realised that the carpet was quite dirty and stained. Could really do with a clean.
Just before going to sleep, pulled back the duvet to reveal two single sheets used for a double bed. This was bizarre. Another trip to reception to ask for a double sheet and then had to make our own bed prior to going to sleep. Not ideal.
Further disappointment before going to sleep when we noticed the gaping holes in the duvet cover.
Again, sorted out and changed in time for our second night, but why was this duvet cover used in the first place?
Overall, the hotel and the Staff are pleasant but the little issues with cleanliness and housekeeping were not great and disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2021

Hi ScC074,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. We are determined to bring the joy of travel for all our guests. I am sorry to hear you didn't have an exemplary experience due to the cleanliness and housekeeping issues you encountered. This is certainly not what we want for any of our guests. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, so they may check on lapses that need additional attention.

It might not have been a great stay, but I hope you will give us a second chance to make things right.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel on a number of previous occasions and choose the convenient location for travelling around the area for leisure.

I noticed a few things I hadn’t on previous trips and sadly they weren’t positive, especially in times when health and well-being on most peoples agenda.
The room we were in was looking a bit jaded, the carpet needed a good clean, the paint work needed refreshing as there were scuffs and stains on a number of walls and by the balcony door, I appreciate this is to be expected over time/usage however it gives the feel of the space being unclean.

The impressive chandelier I have always noticed as you come downstairs needs a well overdue dusting, again the impression is not a good one if surfaces are dusty.

One thing stood out to me whilst we had breakfast and I couldn’t quite believe what I was seeing, was the laying of the tables and in particular the practice of cleaning them after use by one set of guests in readiness for the next guests.
The majority of tables are laid for 4 people with mugs, spoon in mug, napkins, knives, forks and spoons, if 2 guests used the table the staff removed the used items and any that ‘appeared’ unused were wiped around and left for the next guests to use with the table again relaid for 4 people.
How on earth did the staff know if those items had not been touched by previous guests at that table? I myself found a dirty cup at my place setting on one occasion and swapped it over for another cup at a spare place setting on my table, I moved cutlery from one of the unused place setting to get another napkin, luckily for the next guests at my table I placed all unused items amongst used ones so they were removed.

I was pleased that all breakfast items from the continental section were single serve in bags, pots with lids & small milk bottles, I was also please to see a chef serving all hot breakfast items especially after I observed a guy picking his spots at the table then running his hands through his hair whilst over the fridge area.

I was quite disturbed by the whole table setting thing I was going to approach the manager to point out what the breakfast staff were doing but then I noticed she was around helping at breakfast and it was clearly a standard accepted practice. Surely during these current times cleanliness and hygiene has to be key? I for one would not have batted an eyelid if the table was initially empty of cutlery/cups and have them provided as I was seated or when tea and coffee was served.

The chef serving breakfast was friendly as were the bar staff in the evening were however the 3 reception staff we came across were struggling to put a smile on but were professional.

We are more than likely done with visiting this hotel now and it has put me slightly on edge thinking about booking my next trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for all your feedback, which has been shared with our team. Please be assured that the safety and comfort of our guests is our priority and we want to continually improve the service we provide.

My sincere apologies for any disappointment during your stay, I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again if your travel plans bring you to the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

We booked a family room.

We were put in a family room with a fault with a light, when I tried go explain this to the front desk, one of the reception staff was actually really rude. I explained splitting up a family is not ok (his suggestion to do this when 1 parent 2 kids) and he was actually even more rude and apparently they have no staff on site 24hr for maintenance issues. Find that odd if I'm honest.

When we checked out the following morning I did mention this to a lovely female member of staff when she asked how was our stay.

She knew exactly which member of staff we had spoken with the night before just by the comment he made tthat reiterated to her. Perhaps hospitality isn't his speciality.

Shame because we wouldn't come back because of him.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, my apologies for any disappointment during your stay. We want our guests to feel welcome and valued during their stay and have taken steps to ensure that all of our team members make this their priority.

Should your travel plans bring you back to the area I do hope that you will consider staying with us again.