Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews burger king farm shop travel lodge busy road what it says on the tin overnight stop comfortable bed min walk family room road side night stay pleasant walk car park malham cove reception staff town centre good nights sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021

Only 2 electrical sockets. The bathroom tiles needed regrouping. The door looked like it had hundreds of layers of paint on it. The shower rail was rusty. For £300 for a weekend, it was not a pleasant place. Noisy too. The staff were very nice though. A make over of the rooms are much needed

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed with children for the Skipton food festival. Great location for the festival. That is where the good ends. The hotel needs a complete refurbishment. We were all desperate for hot showers / baths after a day at the festival but there was no way I was letting by child sit in the filthy bath. There was a bath mat welded to the bottom of the bath, it was revolting. The whole bathroom was stained, loads of hairs stuck on the ceiling and generally felt unclean.
We all had hot showers as no one was sitting in that bath.
We were grateful for the hot water and the farm shop next door was lovely for breakfast. But we feel completely ripped off as we paid a very high price for 1 night as prices hiked up for the food festival. We paid over £100 for a £30 room.
Would not recommend.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2021

As a Travelodge its very good comfortable and clean but very stuffy inside even with windows open and because of the windows being open all you could hear from 4am each morning was delivery lorries . Very noisy and a very busy road .Didnt get much sleep

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2021

The reviews must be related to the room you occupy. I had a room on the south side and it was difficult to sleep due to heavy traffic. The rooms were standard Travelodge fare but they charged a hefty £100 for a £30 room. Other competitors on my tour did not

Room tip: Not the south side
Date of stay: June 2021
The Social Media Team UK, General Manager at Travelodge Skipton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Thank you for submitting your review.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment following your recent stay with us.

We hope to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant stay, and we are sorry that we did not achieve this on this occasion.

If you wish to contact us directly to leave more feedback please get in touch with our Customer Services team via our website.

Thank you again for your comments.- Lauren from the Social Media Team

Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

I can’t stress enough how far to run away, I booked this for one night and I feel ripped off from the outside the hotel looks nice and when we walked in we were greeted by a friendly woman who gave us our key yes key it’s been a while since I stayed in a hotel with a key but oh well I stayed hopeful then I went through the second door, omg the carpet was dirty and had a rumple in it that I tripped on, the place was dark and wasn’t very inviting I stayed on the second floor and walk up the stairs brought me to a landing that reminded me of my old middle school but once again I could look over that if the rooms were lovely spoilers it wasn’t.

When opening the door I was shocked and I understand I’m being picky but for a lot cheaper I’ve stayed in a lot nicer like different world nicer so I feel I can judge a bit, when I walked in the main light was a warm bulb when the rest were cold and the light fitting had a dead moth in it the bed wasn’t in the centre of the room I know little but it just doesn’t look great the place was dusty the bathroom was covered in mold and strange yellow stuff and the bath mat was horrible, In the whole room there was 2 plug sockets neither were near the bed I ended up buying a extension from Tesco so I could charge my phone close to the bed I’d advise bringing a big extension 4m at least but this allowed me to charge my phone and my tablet while still allowing my partner to charge her phone like come on it’s 2021 the amount of devices and stuff you need more than 2 In a room, oh and the wifi is none existent or it wasn’t when I was there, the bed was comfy however there was a hole In the duvet cover, also one thing that is a huge issue for me was the lack of secondary security on the door, that is a big no no there is the door lock but that in my opinion is useless a deadbolt or chain lock or something would be a minimum for me I never felt safe in my room big mark down always felt like someone could get in easily.

If this place is your only option make sure you get a room on the front there is a main road on the back and it’s loud, talking of the outside the window surrounds on the outside we’re very old and not very nice to look at there were two windows both with cable locks on them to stop me opening them very far thus stopping me from throwing myself out a second story window probably to escape these terrible rooms lol, I understand families with little children might be grateful for that but as a adult I feel I can refrain from yeeting myself or of the window so would like the ability to open them fully.

Pros
it’s close to Skipton
Nice farm shop next door

Cons
Outdated
Dilapidated
Dirty
Dark
Unsafe doors
Just an all round nasty place to stay
Was expensive

Room tip: Bring long extension leads and a door lock of Amazon but seriously stay anywhere else not worth the money
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Social Media Team UK, General Manager at Travelodge Skipton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to learn of your experience and would like to look into this further for you.

May we kindly request that you contact our Customer Services Team through the help section on our website so that we can investigate this more thoroughly with the Hotel.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to hear from you soon. - Lauren from the Social Media Team