“Best cooked breakfast in Llandovery”
Review of AJ's Retro Diner - CLOSED

AJ's Retro Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I was starving one cold snowy morning and fancied a cooked breakfast. I wasn't sure about going in at first as it seemed full of farmers and workmen and didn't look that posh on the outside but I decided to go in and have a brekkie anyway! I am so glad I did! The farmers were so friendly the staff were great and the service super fast! I've been a few times since and love the portion sizes and the local meat is fab! Lovely cup of tea too!!

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

I've been wanting to visit this little diner for an age but hardly ever come up to Llandeilo. I finally get an opportunity to eat here and enjoy the fantastic breakfast and they are closing at the end of the month.
The gentleman who served us was so welcoming and friendly, we thoroughly enjoyed both our breakfasts and were glad that we'd got up too late to eat at the hotel.
I'm going to be sure to visit a few more times before the end of the month; got to try a burger before it closes.

Reviewed 21 December 2014

Stayed at near by cottage with a group of friends popped in for breakfast.
Staff were excellent very friendly and helpful.
Food was very good, large choice and considering we were a large group food arrived after only a brief wait.
Pancakes are one of their specialities and are huge. A 3 stack is massive.
But all the food was excellent and only bettered by the the service.
Would go back.

Reviewed 15 December 2014

Had a wonderful Sunday Brunch with a group of 9, fantastic food and great service - a hidden gem! The pancakes are a thing of beauty, the milkshakes were delightful and the staff were exemplary. I cannot recommend this place enough, it may unassuming from the outside, but once you are in, you may never want to leave.

1  Thank BetttyR
Reviewed 11 December 2014

Superb place to eat, atmosphere is rally nice and have a great choice of meals and very reasonable prices, staff are very friendly and its lovely