“first pub outing in times of covid”

Gallaghers Pub & Barbers
Ranked #38 of 261 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

first pub visit for over a year, so a little nervous as we entered. Need not have worried, we were warmly greeted by smiling staff who were totally switch on to the covid protocol. Signed in, selected a pint of fine pale ale then shown to the beer garden at the rear. Pleased to see overhead cover as weather threatened.
Service first class, beer first class,prices were very reasonable, and spent a relaxing afternoon. Will come again once indoor drinking allowed and we can check out this lovely pub and all it has to offer.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

Without a shadow of a doubt one of my favourite pubs to visit in Birkenhead is Gallaghers Pub, a pub that offers a warm welcome and serves great beer .
I love the look of this pub , the interior is awesome, a military theme decorative scheme with uniforms ,drums,photo's ,painting and all types of militaria adorning the walls and ceilings, theres also plenty of seating options spread throughout this pub, its just a very cool pub indeed.
My twin brother Stephen and I were here on a Wednesday afternoon, greeted warmly by a very pleasant member of the staff, we gave our details of name, phone number or email address to assist with the governments track and trace system and then sanitised our hands, after a quick study of their real ale selection we both opted to have The Rat Brewery " pale ale " and these pale ale's were served in tip top condition, we got a table were we just kicked back, chilled out and planned out the day ahead while sipping our pale ale's.
My pale ale was really good , a crisp, well balanced pale ale, hints of toffee and with a big hit of hops, very refreshing indeed on a really hot afternoon.
These are my type of pubs, unique interior, warm welcome, nice staff and great real ale's, what more could you ask for in a pub.
We really enjoyed our beers in here before we moved on and although our visit was only fleeting as on every other visit to Gallaghers Pub we had a really pleasant visit .
Gallaghers Pub is easy to locate along Chester Road .
Opening hours are;
Monday to Thursday, Midday till 11pm.
Friday & Saturday, 11.30am till Midnight.
Sunday, Midday till 11pm.
A great pub,if your in the area most definitely well worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

Gallaghers Traditional Pub is A Superb Pub In Birkenhead That Offers A Fine Range Of Cask Ales And A Superb Food Menu Which Is Well Priced.Housed In A Building That Is Close To Woodside Ferry Terminus With A Traditional Pub Exterior.The Inside To This Pub Has A Military Themed Interior With Many Interesting Features Throughout It's Whole Interior And Superb Seating Options And There Is (I Think) A Barber Shop Thats Located In Here.They Also Have A Superb Beergarden At The Rear Of The Pub Which Is A Great Place To Unwind While Having A Few Beers.We Visited Here While On A Bit Of A Pub Crawl Around This Area And This Pub Is A Must Go For The Cask Ale Drinker As They Offer A Great Range Of Ales.As Is The Norm At The Moment We Gave All Our Track And Trace Details We Went Into The Main Bar Area And Ordered A Few Glasses Of White Rat From The Rat Brewery Which Was Served In Perfect Condition And Price Wise On Par With Other Cask Beer Pubs In And Around Liverpool And Birkenhead.This Is A Fantastic Pub With A Superb Range Of Cask Ales And Is A Must Go Destination If You Are A Cask Ale Enthusiast.A Very Easy Pub To Get To From Hamilton Square Train Station Walk Along Hamilton Street Take A Right Onto Chester Street.(This Is My First Review Of Gallaghers Traditional Pub).
Opening Hours.
Monday-Thursday-12.00-23.00.
Friday-Saturday-11.30-00.00.
Sunday-12.00-23.00.
Hours May Differ From Above.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank StephenKelly88
Reviewed 15 March 2020 via mobile

Whenever I find myself over this side of the River Mersey I always beat a trail to Gallaghers Pub ,a pub that always offers a warm welcome and serves great real ales.
I love the look of this pub, a military theme throughout, posters, enamels, photos,military uniforms, drums ,in fact all manner of military themed bric a brac adorning every space of this pub,very cool,very interesting, theres also tv's to enjoy the sport and plenty of seating options spread throughout this pub, a great pub to visit.
My twin brother Stephen and I were here on a Saturday afternoon, greeted warmly by a very pleasant member of staff, after a quick study of their real ales my brother went for Titanic Brewery " Dr Runi pale ale " while I opted to have Dirty Duck Brewery " wristy fitzy " ,we were served two excellent brews,my pale ale was really good,a classic British pale ale, full bodied, well balanced, consistent from the first sip till the last sup, a totally refreshing pale ale,my twin brother Stephen also gave me the thumbs up to his real ale.
As we were pub hopping around this part of town we moved on after our delicious real ales and as on every other visit to here we had a great time.
Gallaghers Pub is easy to locate along Chester Road.
Opening hours are;
Monday, 4pm till 11pm.
Tuesday to Thursday, Midday till 11pm.
Friday & Saturday, 11.30am till Midnight.
Sunday, Midday till 11pm.
A great pub,one I I highly recommend you visit if your in the area.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

5 of us stopped in for lunch today after a trip on the Mersey Ferry. The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. Elaine was a font of knowledge and fun to talk to. Definitely worth the short walk up the hill from the ferry.

Date of visit: July 2019