“The best!!!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$33
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sorry, We do not do fast food, We do fresh food as fast as we can. This has been the mission statement for the team running The Three Horseshoes at Wixford since opening. 3 generations of our family are aiming to make it the public house to visit in the area by serving food and drink to the best standards that they can achieve and at attractive prices. What do we wish to do with the premises? We are intending to re-create a traditional country pub, with good food and drink, also helping the community and have Fun at the same time. To this end we are already dog-friendly, and muddy boots, muddy gun dogs and others are welcome, so a convivial greeting by a log fire should be expected as the seasons dictate. Walking groups are welcome whether starting, dropping in on the way around or finishing with us.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arranged a meal for 19 of us last weekend to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I cannot put into words how lovely the food was. We had a carvery which was served to us at tables in the beautiful back room. There was plenty for everyone and really tasty!
We also asked for a cake to be made for the occasion. The cake was so beautiful and tasted amazing too! Well done Magda!!! you make the most beautiful cakes.
I would just like to say a big thank you to the staff here as I was made to feel really special and very welcome all day and into the evening when it was probably time for the staff to leave for the day.
Thank you so so much Georgia you have made my anniversary one to remember always and you have turned this beautiful little pub/restaurant into a real hidden treasure. I would urge anyone to go and try this amazing place with its absolutely wonderful staff!

Sam & Lol

TheThreeHorseshoes1, General Manager at The Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your lovely review and appreciation and we are glad that you had a great time :) It's been a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you all soon again! Magda is aware of your kind words, much appreciated :)
Happy anniversary and all the best!!

Kind regards,
Georgia and The Three Horseshoes Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Myself and family went for a meal at The Three Horseshoes yesterday evening. I had seen on their website that there was an 'Emerald Club' for the over 55's allowing them 15% off their food bill and buy one hot drink, get another one free. Two of our party were over 55 and as the website didn't tell you how to join the Emerald Club, I sent an email a week before we due to go for the meal enquiring how we could do this to enable us to get the discount last night. I received a reply saying we just needed to join when we were at the restaurant. However, despite telling the waitress we wanted to join the Emerald Club at the time of taking our food order, the bill still arrived with no discount. We queried this and were told we couldn't claim the discount that day, it would be available on future visits. I explained about the email enquiry I made and response I received and a lady whom I presume to be the manager wanted me to show her the email as evidence. So I had to show her the message on my mobile phone but this proved to be a pointless exercise as she was still not willing to give the discount saying you join the Emerald Club on one day and can get the discount in the future. Well that is not my problem if my email was responded to incorrectly. I refused to pay the bill in full, at which point she stropped off and we could hear her stabbing at the computer screen of the till and she brought us back an adjusted bill with the discount. Not a pleasant end to our evening. The food was very average anyway, but purely due to the poor customer service skills and bad attitude of the lady we presume was the manager, it was the first and last time we will be visiting The Three Horseshoes.

1  Thank Debbie G
TheThreeHorseshoes1, General Manager at The Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Debbie G,

Thank you for sharing about your experience with us and we are sorry that you didn’t enjoyed it.

The Emerald cards that we have, we offer them to our customers over 55 years old and they will have 15% discount on their meals. First they have to apply for it, their details goes into the sistem and than the card is ready to be used.

On the form it is explained “sign up today and on your next visit start receiving all these amazing benefits” but as you refused to look at the forms and applying for it, you couldn’t receive any discount, but the manager still done it for you.
We are sorry that, as you mentioned, you came here just for the discount.

If you would like to discuss this further please email us at thehorseshoes@kingarthurinns.co.uk

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We drove by Princethorpe in Warwickshire on a hot sunny Sunday and settled in this pub for an early dinner. We picked one of their tables in the garden. Service was friendly and casual. I ordered fish & chips and my companion had the steak ale pie. Both meals were very good and enjoyable. The shell of my fish was crispy and light, the fish was moist and chunky, chips were plentiful and not oily. I was told that the steak was tender and plentiful, and the puff pastry was nice and crispy.
Good food at reasonable prices. Recommended!

Dear Sheight,

Thank you for your lovely review! We are glad that you had a good time and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have not been there for sometime and was pleasantly surprised at the redecoration, it made the venue bright and welcoming. The staff were very attentive and service was excellent. (Someone did complain about their meal, the manager came and found out the problem and quickly resolved it to the customers' satisfaction.) The menu was quite extensive. The meal was well presented and hot. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we shall definitely return.

Dear Ken P,

Thank for taking the time to write about your experience with us and we are glad that you had a good one
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After completing a walk from Wixford four of us returned to The Three Horseshoes for lunch, two of us had a voucher offer and two ate from the main menu, everything was available. All meals were excellent, service was very good and the new decor and layout is very pleasant. Plan to return again with friends

Dear Warks,

Thank you for your kindly review and appreciation and we are glad that you had a great time Hope to see you soon