The George Inn(Warminster)
US$94
The Angel Inn(Upton Scudamore)
US$90
Botany Camping(Warminster)(Great Value!)
Home Farm Boreham(Warminster)
The Bath Arms(Warminster)
TripAdvisor
The Butt of Sherry(Warminster)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Angel Inn(Heytesbury)
Agoda.com
All reviewsmulberry restaurantoval roomoutdoor poolspa facilitiesrasul mud treatmentsteam roomrelaxation roomroll top bathafternoon teadouble showerdeluxe roomspa breaktennis courtscountry house hotelsecret escapesthe main housecream tea
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic day we had! From the moment we arrived on the day before the wedding we were very well looked after. The staff were amazing. Professional, friendly and welcoming. In the spa, the restaurant and at the bar everyone of the staff had the same warm and welcoming attitude. Our wedding day went perfectly with every attention to detail covered, exemplary service from start to finish and our guests feeling like they were the only ones who were important.

Special mentions to Eric for his cheerful disposition and fantastic empathy and service and to Alex and his crack team who managed the reception, wedding breakfast and post dinner speeches.

We were very lucky to choose Bishopstrow and I would highly recommend you look at it for your wedding venue. We will definitely be back for Anniversaries, Birthdays and any other special occasion.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennyWiltshire
Andrew C, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear JennyWiltshire,
I am so glad to read that your day was such a success. We certainly enjoyed having you and your family stay with us, there was a wonderful atmosphere in the house throughout. I will certainly pass your specific thanks on to Eric and Alex as such comments are always very well received. We look forward to welcoming you back for your first anniversary celebrations.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and I’m pleasantly surprised that there’s such a nice hotel
In the small town of Bishopstrow. All rooms are uniquely designed and comfortable to stay in. Elemis toiletries provided with all the necessary creature comforts. There’s a good hotel spa and service is great too. Very satisfied with this stay and will definitely stay again if I’m around the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Mulberry79

Dear Mulberry79,
I am pleased that we were able to surprise you with the quality and standards of the hotel and spa. Many people find the area an ideal base when visiting the West Country as many of the regions attractions are a modest drive away from our wonderful countryside location. The hotel has recently been purchased by new owners and we are all really excited with the plans they have to improve our guests' experience in the future. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were booked in for two nights. The hotel was lovely, we had great foods and a lovely relax in the spa over this time. All of the staff in the hotel were friendly, helpful and very good in their roles. Even based on this alone I would recommend staying at Bishopstrow House.

Unfortunately on the last day of our stay the snow in Warminster was deep and we were unable to get out of the town. Our car was stuck in the town. We had checked with the hotel already and they had room spare. We therefore checked back in and were welcomed with open arms by the hotel. The best part was even though they knew we were stuck they did not too us off with a last minute high room rate. The staff could not have been more helpful and appeared to actually care we were stuck rather than just going through the motions.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amoamo8

Dear Amoamo8,
What a weekend that was! It was great that we were able to help you out over that last bout of terrible weather. The team really enjoyed getting the snow shovels out clearing the drive and car park. The open fires really helped create a lovely feeling that weekend and despite the weather everyone who stayed really enjoyed themselves.
Perhaps we can look forward to welcoming you back when the sunshine returns?

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Friday late afternoon, check in was pretty smooth, and we were shown to our room ( which was AMAZING) room 6 a superior room. The view was beautiful, beyond the extension built just under the window. The bed was huge, but too soft, this is personal preference. The bathroom was exquisite, the main reason for booking this hotel was the free standing bath tub this did not disappoint!

The restaurant was nice, very laid back setting and nice dining experience however if you have dinner included be prepared for the same limited set menu (unless u pay extra for off the set menu items). Breakfast again pleasant, set menu but cooked and continental choices. Waiters and waitresses were all lovely, very friendly and accommodating.

Spa facilities were clean and tidy. My girlfriend had a 55mins treatment, back, neck and shoulder massage combined with a facial. She felt very relaxed and Dann her masseuse was very knowledgable and gave her a list of products used.

The one issue I had was we were booked in for 3 courses at dinner and the first night they only had us down for 2 courses and so charged us for the dessert which was rectified but I think they still managed to charge me on the final bill (my error or theirs, who knows). This is not to the hotels detriment just a breakdown somewhere. All I would say is check and check again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not going to sugar coat this, this hotel has buckets of potential but lacks the quality of service and food to even justify its 4 - star rating. I’ll give you a few examples: mixers from the lobby bar - yes lobby...the actual bar is a little corner affair that you would have in your house (if you were so inclined) and it’s in the entrance hall as you come in. Sorry I digress - the mixers, lemonade is out of a large bottle so it was normally flat, not to mention £5.50 for a single Gordon’s Gin with Tanqueray Gin at £9.50 for single and the rest inbetween! Prosecco is £12.95 a glass with some cheap stuff at £5.95 but it’s not great. They have a monopoly and they know it! There are pubs in the area and a few takeaways but seriously they know they are the only remotely quality place in town.
Sorry, I seemed to have used the word quality - not really the word to use when describing this hotel. The decor is nice, the rooms clean and modern (hence the buckets of potential) but the service is seriously lacking - food missing from order, wrong food brought out, food solidifying under heat lamps and then served - I had the brisket and boy was it dry and rubbery (a great seller apparently), burgers with burnt buns with the most burnt bits taken off but when raised, it was sent back to me with a new bun where the burger itself had congealed and was not redressed (oh and I asked if I could have the burger medium to well and they said it was illegal not to fully cook processed food - talk about freshness!), poor food allergy management - the answer to this was just to remove the bits with the allergy regardless if it leaves a tasteless remainder of the dish. There was just no pride.
I could go on but I’d rather not, I write this as a warning (with some frustration thrown in) rather than slating them just because I can, but there are a few positives on the horizon. The hotel had just been taken over to hopefully things will change, the restaurant manager who shouldered most of my complains was courteous and professional and did her best to fill in the gaps were things weren’t right and the spa (with its random steam/sauna half a mile up a corridor from the pool/changing rooms) could be really good if like the other staff, they were trained to be customer facing and polite (like not chewing chewing gum open mouthed when talking to you).
Just be warned - this hotel is expensive and you can walk away feeling robbed after very little real luxury.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank TheIrishTraveller
Andrew C, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear TheIrish Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed comments following your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you were disappointed by a number of issues during your visit.
I took over the management of the hotel last week and will be discussing your comments as a matter of priority with the management team so we can prevent such issues from re-occurring in the future.
We do have some exciting plans for the hotel in the coming months and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back once the initial improvement works have been completed.