Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Bishopstrow House(Warminster)
US$145
US$106
The Woolpack Inn(Beckington)(Great Value!)
US$70
The Farmers Hotel(Warminster)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
8,923 results
All reviewsland trainpancake housegrand cafegreat funexecutive lodgeswimming poolwinter wonderlandsports cafeaqua sanaall ageshired bikesvillage squarequad bikingaerial adventurefir areapine areajardin de sports
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I had a great stay at Longleat for my 40th Birthday, however, i have one complaint about our booking for badminton on saturday morning.
I went along especially on Friday night to the jardin sports to book raquets but was told that there was no need, just turn up 5 minutes before playing and hire the raquets at that time.
So we turned up 10 minutes before but was told there were no raquets available and to grab the players coming off court and take their raquets instead.
A little annoyed we went to the court and waited but when the payers came off we found out that they had their own raquets and not hired ones!
So went back to reception to be told there were still no raquets but to wait and see what comes back after the other courts finished. I was not the only person waiting here for raquets to be returned.
After 5 mins waiting I was more frustrated and eventually one of the staff decided to come out and go around the courts to find us some raquets. I presume from players who should have finished playing at the end of their designated time.
All very annoying !

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Just got back from 4 days in center parcs longleat.
The villa was big and roomy with all the kitchen equipment you need including washing up liquid, tea and coffee sashays. Each room had a tv in with remote with a good picture. The lounge had a cd player and a
DVD player to watch your own stuff.
The booklet says BBQ facilities,
there is an out door BBQ station but
you have to buy disposable bbqs to
use them.
BBQ utensils aren't included!
Our villa was quite close to the plaza but it was still a hefty walk to the plaza and the car park and pretty much anywhere!
You can't park your car outside the villa so don't leave anything you need!, including umbrellas as there is no shade if there us a downpour!
The swimming are was fantastic and the rapids are a must!!
Take £1 coins for the lockers.

We went to the aqua sana which was £40 for 3 hours, if you can relax do it but for those with short attention spans stay in the pool and save your money! I for one LOVED it but others thought it was a bit of a waste of money!

The free land train goes from the plaza all the way round the parc and back again, it takes half hour to get from plaza to jardin de sports but 10 mins to walk.

The restaurants are goog but pricey, I recommend hucks good food for £10-£15 for a main meal. Try the chocolate fondu it's £8 and can feed 3 and it's yummy!!!

The biggest problem for our group was there was no phone signal anywhere!!! No Facebook, Internet connection, I couldn't text or call the entire time!!!

All in all a fab weekend but take the food and drink you need so you don't have to keep paying through the nose in the market. A cosy and quiet place for people who like walking and riding bikes.

BBQ utensils weren't included!
Our villa was quite close to the

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Bunchie123
ClareS_CP, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your recent experience at Longleat Forest on Trip Advisor. I am sure your detailed report and recommendations will assist other guests in the future.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that many of the facilities and accommodation met with your expectations.

I note your comments relating to the lack of telephone signal around the Village and I would explain that this is something that we are hopefully looking to improve at all of our Villages within the next 12 months.

Just to let you know that you can now follow us on Facebook and Twitter where you can chat with other fans and guests of Center Parcs.

Thanks again!

Clare Seddon
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2011

We wanted to take a short break at Centerparcs, and Longleat fit the bill perfectly as we have wanted to go and visit Longleat House for a while now - so this was the perfect opportunity.

As we arrived quite late (5pm) there was no queue at check-in, which was nice, and we were unpacked into lodge 60 (Shear Water Penthouse in the Redwoods Apartments) by half past five. The lodge was fantastic, the best I've ever stayed in at a Centerparcs. Loved the layout, very compact on the main floor, and the two balconies were nice as the weather was good. No barbeques here (wooden balconies...) but that's no big deal, and our Physiotherm Sauna room was off the upper balcony - a nice touch. Only issue with the accommodation was that the freezer was a little thick with ice - a phone call later and it was sorted.

The park itself is a delight, especially with the wooden boardwalks that snake their way through various parts of the forest, and lovely for just walking around. We saw plenty of animals on our travels and generally enjoyed the peace and quiet. The subtropical swimming area can get busy at times, but that's to be expected as it's pretty much the only thing in CP that's free!

Highlights for us were the Aqua Sana's World Of Spa, which is just awesome - an opportunity to try different steam and sauna experiences from around the globe, and the two Bird Of Prey experiences we booked onto - well worth a go, they're fascinating animals! The discount voucher booklet, provided when you check in, allowed us to purchase £60 worth of activities for £40, which was excellent.

This Centerparcs may not have the majesty of the Lake District surrounding it, but it has many of its own merits and is well worth a look, especially if you book early. For a couple with no kids, the Penthouses are great, and have everything you could ask for. All in all, a superb trip, and one which we will definitely be repeating.

Room Tip: Book early - very early...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

went to center parcs longleat not knowing what to expect everything there was spotless and faultless we are even booking very soon its fantastic accomidation and pools and surrondings are just perfect thank you center parcs longleat will be coming once a year minimum from now on just fantastic we have been on several holidays in this country and in europe and yours is the best by far again thank you see you soon. toot toot to the land train drivers they are just legends

Room Tip: we had the basic one absolute perfect and secure
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I wasa little apprehensive about the holiday as I am in a wheelchair and was scared in such an active place i would feel out of place but I was so wrong the staff were lovely the park was exceptioanlly accessible apart from the teddy bears picnic area which i was disappointed about as my partner had to take over and i missed the experience with my daughter I was looking forward to.
obvioulsy you need a fair bit of money for the activities on site but the beauty of the place takes away any negativity on cost we had squirrels rabbits deers and ducks on our patio and it was likea whole new world loved it loved it

Room Tip: we got the exclusive 4 bed
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family