Free cancellation until 22/07
US$212
US$180
Travelocity
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

T's B&Bs(Corsham)
US$110
Agoda.com
Norbin Farm(Corsham)
1,194 results
All reviewsthe main housequirky hotelnew buildingdavid baileyrocking horseguinea fowlroll top bathcourse mealkippersweekend breakfood was lovelybeautiful groundscountry housetwo night staymarcoartworkphotographs
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Date of visit 31 July to 2 August 2018
I booked the “Superior Room” which was a large spacious room with separate lounge and bedroom with bathroom off it. When I made the booking the website said the room was on the ground floor, we were, however given a room on the first floor. As I had not specifically requested the ground floor I did not request a change. The room was located in an annexe a short walk from the main building. Access was via a narrow pathway edged by overgrown ornamental grasses, you got your legs wet if it rained. Inside there was a stairway and a lift with access to all floors. We guessed that the room was once a self-catering apartment as there was a room which was once a kitchen with nothing in it except for a table, kettle and a tray with cups, tea and coffee. It would have been nice if there had been a fridge. In the lounge there was a large bed settee and an arm chair along with a cabinet which once housed a private bar now empty and a writing desk. There were a number of minor maintenance issues which spoilt what could have been a very nice room. Curtains were hung on curtain poles but most of the hooks were missing so they were either held up by bits of string or bits of wire or not at all and there were large gaps with nothing holding them up. Previously there had been a head board attached to the wall in the bedroom. This had been replaced by one now attached to the bed but the screws were left in the wall and jotting out about half an inch, there were 4 of them. In the bathroom there was a bath with a shower over it. The shower head leaked at the back until I tightened it up by hand. One of the doors on the “private bar” cabinet came off its hinges if you tried to open it. We had only booked for 2 nights if it had been any longer I would have been asking for a move to another room.
On the 2nd night of our stay we decided to try the restaurant. The restaurant was very dimly lit as we arrived at about 6.45 pm. By the time our meal arrived it was getting rather dark and rather difficult to see. So much so that the guy on the next table had to use the flash light of his mobile phone to read the menu and the waitress stood over him while he did it instead of taking the hint and going to turn up the lighting which must have been on a dimmer switch as they were so much brighter the following morning. My wife and I rarely have a starter and didn’t so on this occasion and enjoyed our main course and dessert.
Having already paid for our room all we had to do was settle the restaurant bill which we did as we booked out and passed comment to the member of staff about the room issues. On the way home I got to thinking about the food bill and tot up what we had and decided that we had been overcharged. I emailed the hotel and asked for a breakdown of our bill and sure enough we had been charged for drinks we had not had. It was probably so dark in there they could not see which bill was which. They have, however promised me a refund and apologised but no explanation.
My wife described the main part of the hotel as shabby chic whereas I describe the annexe as just shabby. If you are going to stay at this hotel make sure your room is in the main house, I am told they are very nice. Just one word of warning. As you turn right into Leafy Lane the entrance is immediately on your right. Don’t do as we did and drive past it.
Have a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank dudders60
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This is more than a hotel--it's an enchanting vision come to life. The decor is an amazing collection of art and antiques, collected with an amazing eye for style and whimsy. We took so many photos, just so we could remember all the great ideas. The food was simple and traditional, made with the best local ingredients, and perfectly prepared--as you would expect from such a famous chef. Superb breakfast too--overall an amazing value for the quality of the experience. The staff was young and eager to please, service not at all stuffy.
Do not miss exploring the grounds, meeting the chickens, and taking in the gorgeous views of the Wiltshire countryside.
The whole experience reminded us of some of the great French country hotels we have stayed in.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Circus Room--outstanding comfort and style!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

So i stayed here with my 3 colleagues for work and what an experience.

The artwork around the place needs to be seen to be believed and the decor is what it is, interesting and conversation provoking.

We were asked if we wanted drinks in one of the lounges before dinner and they were happy for us to go wherever we wanted. It was also recommended to go and have a wander around the grounds to see the plants and animals, very lovely walk if you can find the time.

The rooms were spacious and very comfortable, a little worn but this added to the charm. The rooms were in the new building and just a short walk across the car park although parking was available outside the new building.

We also met Clive the Lurcher, he is a lovely natured dog.

The staff that we met were all a credit to the place. The two ladies who were serving the evening meals were attentive and accommodating. They were very welcoming to us all.

The gentlemen at breakfast were equally attentive.

The food as you would expect was exceptional. I would recommend that the menu on the website is updated though as it was completely different when we sat down. We did have an issue of not all meals being served together at breakfast which was disappointing but at least the taste made up for it!

Would highly recommend this place and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017

When a waiter waves his hand in front of your face to stop you speaking with your guests as he wishes to say something…you know there a real customer service issue.

We, as a party of 8 were shown into a waiting lounge with only chairs enough for 6. As there was no offer to fetch an additional 2, a couple of the party perched on the arm of the sofa

When the waiter returned, he barked ‘don not sit on there, they are worth more then 4 cars!!’ we apologies and moved yet still no other chair was offered, so we stood for 30mins whilst they took their time fetching our drinks. We also quickly learnt that this same waiter was unwilling to take drink orders so he had to fetch anything waiter each time we wanted a drink, adding to the waiting time.

When we sat for dinner the starters were served very quickly…and we…’ok’

The waiter proudly pointed out artwork in the room, again telling us the price….’that floating egg, guess how much £80,000’….sigh, we don’t care and didn’t ask…

When mains came, they were missing one of our meals which then only came out once everyone else was finished…disaster!

The waving of the hand in my friends face just too the biscuit, no one could quite believe that he had just done it so we sat gob smacked whilst he blabbered on about something…

We will NOT be returning!!!! Marco – check your staff they are really letting you down…shame

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank emily m
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed here on business for a few weeks. Thankfully my trip was cut short, as I think I would have caught the Shining.

The check in experience was odd, no assistance with bags, parking was a problem, and the staff just a bit too aloof.

Had a room in the annexe. The collateral noise from adjoining rooms a mare, limited facilities in the room (no iron for example), no desk, no mobile phone signal and no good vibe.

I tried the breakfast once. Decided to continue my fasting.

The grounds were nice. So were the pigs. This was nice as there is not much to do.

Would I go back?

Never.

Room Tip: Not the annexe.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business