21 Park Lane(Corsham)
  • Restaurant
T's B&Bs(Corsham)
US$109
Hotels.com
Meadowbrook Cottage B&B(Box)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Norbin Farm(Corsham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday roastluxury roomscallopssteaksaturday nightgranolahigh standardlarge showerwine listfamily roomone night stayfantastic foodpuddinglovely atmospherewaiting stafffish and chipsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Went to Methuen Arms for a birthday dinner; the décor is beautifully done meaning it’s welcoming and relaxing all at once. We were allowed to park my father-in-law’s mobility scooter in a safe room, which was a lovely touch also.
The service we received from the waitress was superb with her being friendly and kind with our odd sense of humour at times!

Can’t wait to return to taste the rest of the menu – highly recommend the Peach Melba dessert, which has gone down on my top 10 dishes of all time!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We love the Methuen Arms and after not having been for a while are delighted to find it in the excellent hands of Ashley and Abby. Looking really smart with the refurb, and totally in context we loved the new menu and had a superb meal, wine list excellent service likewise all really good, thanks team Methuen!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

A group of us went for lunch yesterday and Chef Leigh never ceases to amaze us with his innovative and glorious food.

After the recent refit the gardens are lovely and the pub itself has a new and old feel to it which really works.

The menu whilst not extensive is excellent and the chunky chips cooked in duck fat are a rare treat, as is the onion dust served with the beef dish!

Well worth a visit - foodies will not be disappointed!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed for a single night to break long journey home and to visit nearby Lacock village and Abbey. A large rambling but interesting and well presented Inn serving locals and visitors in the bar. After spending the week in a small cottage the bedroom seemed enormous. It was smart but showed a few signs of wear. Unfortunately we had the curse of the room above the kitchen extractor which meant noise late into the evening and wafts of garlic into our bathroom. The dinner menu was a bit quirky but it turned out the quality of the ingredients was very good. I had wood pigeon and beetroot to start and salmon with seaweed and vegetables. My wife (who always says the real test of good food is the dessert) was very happy with her passion fruit coulis and coconut ice-cream.

Service would have been very average but for the sterling efforts of our waitress, Chloe, who sourced us new potatoes that were not on the menu (instead of the ubiquitous chips), chased our drinks order without the need to remind her and dealt with my query about the choices of 'cider brandy' by delivering tiny samples of both so I could decide. The Full English breakfast was very good with some of the best unsmoked bacon and black pudding I've had. Overall a well presented Inn and garden, with good food and certainly worth a night.

Room Tip: Avoid room 5 directly above the kitchen extractor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I visit the Methuen on Sunday for lunch with the family: this was my first opportunity to do so since the renovations. I really like what the new owners have done. It looks fresh and inviting yet still full of character - I particularly love the new furniture and layout. The garden has been renovated nicely too - again a very inviting space and it is good to see the actual lawned area and the area outside the restaurant being used: it seemed such a wasted area before.
Staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient. Yes, I had to ask for serving spoons but they were quickly brought with an apology that I had had to ask for them.
Our party consisted of 6 adults, two children aged 4 and 1 and a baby and therefore I needed a table with 7 seats, a highchair and space for a pram. It was refreshing that my request was happily and easily accommodated by the staff: this hasn't been the case on many occasions in other establishments.
The food itself was delicious. We were all a little concerned when the roast came out as the amount of meat on the plate and the vegetables (served separately) didn't look enough. However, it proved ample and no-one had room for dessert.
All in all it was a great family lunch and I really like the changes that have been made.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family