“Best lasagna EVER!”

Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lombardi's, was opened in Chesterfield in 2002 by the Lombardi family, We originate from small town called Maddaloni just outside Naples We hope you will enjoy our restaurant, we try to keep the experience of dining with us as close as possible to the "real Italy" Lombardi's, has been busy since the day it opened, it's a vibrant lively place for people to meet up and have a good time, All ingredients, either imported from Italy or locally sourced, we guarantee to be the best possible, all our meat is "hand picked" by our chefs, British and local. We stock artisan Italian beers and a good range of local real ales. All dietary requirements can be accommodated. All our fluent Italian speaking staff will aim to give you the best service possible. Book a table with us and let us bring you the true taste of Napoli. Be sure to view our video, and book online at our website. Lombardi's, is enviably located a 5 minute walk away from the Pomegranate and Winding Wheel theatres, and is a short taxi ride away from the CASA hotel. Free parking is available on Newbold Road, opposite the restaurant.
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

We visited here Sat night after reading reviews online. What a place - out of this world food with very friendly waiters and watresses with a personal feeling to the whole experience, we felt that we really were in Italy!! Thank you

2  Thank Looby1987

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Have been going to Lombardi's for 10 years and feel it is the best for Italian food with a very good selection.

I try to avoid Friday and Saturday evenings as the acoustics are not great and struggle to have a conversation at normal volume when they are busy.

Service can be a bit hit and miss but usually ok

2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 9 July 2015

This is a really welcoming and friendly restaurant , the food is always excellent, and nothing is too much trouble, well done,

2  Thank rosie3WestSussex
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

There was 30 friends who went for an evening meal, the staff were brilliant and there was a lovely atmosphere even thought we were a large group and all the food came out together. Well worth a visit

2  Thank sarahlou1976
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Upon arrival we were asked if we had a reservation, which we had not. The waitress said she was unsure if they had any space, despite a range of free tables, so we were seated and bought drinks at the bar. After 15 minutes (tables still empty) we were taken to our table. It took 20 minutes after this before I asked to place an order. She said the waitress was coming, but reappeared herself 10 more minutes later after a few deadly stares.

My friend ordered a special lamb dish, and I ordered a tomato pasta meal. The meal itself was lovely, and we were certainly full.

When we ordered dessert I secretly informed them it was my friends birthday. They brought his chocolate pancake to the table complete with a guitar-playing waiter and the whole restaurant joined in to sing happy birthday! It was really lovely, and hilarious to see his embarrassment! They were nice enough to let me take my dessert home as I was so full!

The service was lacking to some extent, and could have done with a more personal touch. The waitresses were seemingly just 'chatting' around the serving area and paying little attention to their customers. We felt almost a 'number'. Some tables which were seemingly 'big spenders', for example, couples having 3 courses, wines etc, gained more attention but maybe we were let down by our waitress as other diners seemed happy.

1  Thank Helen L
lombardis, Owner at Lombardi's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Helen L,

I have just read what you have written and am unsure why you would leave an average review after what you describe as having a lovely meal and the waiters making a fuss of your friend on his birthday.

You turned up without a booking on a busy Monday evening. Yes, one or two table might have been empty still on your arrival but I know how many customers we have served on the evening. The vast majority seemed to have arrived at the same time and we were struggling with orders piling up, and with some members of staff being new and needing guidance.
I can assure you there was no time for "chatting" as you describe.
Waiters and waitresses are allowed to talk to each other during service to communicate what stage every table is at. Have customers had their starters/mains/desserts? Do they need more drinks? Have they had a check back?
I have been to your table and asked you if you would like to order more drinks. I asked you if everything was alright.... this was your clue to say if there was something bothering you! I would have done everything to make sure you left happy.
I know myself and my staff were nothing but polite to you and your friend.
So please next time give the restaurant a chance before leaving a review.

Regards