“Fabulous pizza's and pasta, not to be missed”
Review of Ricci's

Ricci's
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Bakewell
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Description: Ricci's Fine Italian foods is a sit-in CAFE and also a take-away. We strive to serve the best authentic Italian foods, at a fair price, in pleasant surroundings. We pride ourselves on freshness, cleanliness and a friendly atmosphere. Our Italian coffee is rated as the best by MANY customers.
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We ( 2 families - 4 adults, 2 children and a baby) chose Ricci's at lunchtime on Saturday after reading other reviews. We had phoned ahead to ensure 'gluten free' wasn't a problem and also requested a high chair. Our tables were reserved which was great as they were busy.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food amazing. The food is freshly prepared so there was a 15-20 minute wait, not a problem, but definitely worth waiting for. We had really lovely starter - 8 different flavours of garlic bread with various pots of tea. The pizzas are mouthwatering and a challenge to finish (I had chosen the larger one). They prepared a gluten free vegetarian spaghetti bolognaise and side salad for my daughter in law which was soon finished by her and the baby. The meat lasagne was delicious and a very generous portion. The price was very reasonable.
The desserts looked great, however we were too full.
I cannot recommend this place enough - yes it is small and cozy but well worth a visit.

1  Thank CaribbeangirlUk
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Hi Caribbeangirl, and thank you for this review.
We are grateful for this review, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

From the ratings I am in the minority and I find this hard to believe, I don't like to complain, but I felt I needed to say something.
Had the Carbonara which is usually my favourite dish in an Italian, but this was tasteless. It seemed like it was out of a tin rather than freshly made. The "ham" was like fake meat. Even the Parmesan cheese was tasteless which is a almost impossible to achieve. The meal looked like pale slop, even the chap on the next table commented and said I'm glad I'm not eating that!!
The hygiene rating was 5, which I would definitely question. There were open sugar pots on the tables which is self explanatory when it comes to hygiene. The place looked like it needed a good clean.
I paid but very begrudgingly. The young girl who served us was friendly and she did make me a hot Latte.
I would not recommend Ricci's

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Yes Alsarde, you ARE in the (tiny) minority. You made a point of telling Sue it was 'the worst carbonara I've ever tasted', and you are entitled to your opinion.
However, what you're NOT entitled to, is venting your vitriol in other areas of our business that you know NOTHING about!
Firstly, we have scored top marks is all our recent H&H inspections, so the inspector has no problem with the sugar bowls (which are cleaned and refreshed regularly).
Also, I think our specialist Italian importer (Delitalia, of Barnsley) would be very miffed at your description of their Italian prosciutto as 'fake meat', and their Parmesan as 'tasteless'? That is out and out RUBBISH - I eat both and LOVE the flavours.
It's ok if we don't suit your taste, but it seems from HUNDREDS of other good reviews that we suit most, and that's great.
You 'felt the need', & said your piece, but you had to embellish it with someone backing you up on the next table, but that was just to improve your 'story', it didn't really happen, did it?

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Absouletly stunned, What a lucky find! This place is really amazing, The staff are great and really friendly and the food is also amazing, For people of all age, size, etc.

I went with my friends for a birthday dinner and there was 5 of us spread across 2 tables. This isn't the biggest restaurant but they mananged to sort us out with 2 tables which I am more than happy with. For mains I had a medium sized pizza to share with my friend and I've been 3 times now and to be honest I would reccomend anything there! As far as I can remember we all had pizza and all stated how lovely it was and a garlic bread to share which was also devine!

The staff were so kind that they gave my friend a little slice of some cake - I can't remember what as it was in January - for free and sung happy birthday to her and as we were going out thanked us and gave my friend a hug!

With the space they have they really have made an excellent job of it and made it very homely. Each time of been it's been very clean and warm and never have I had a bad experience here and couldn't give one complaint. The prices are also really good and we ended up giving a really big tip! Really would recommend and I will be returning here in the near future.

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Wow Ian - what a smashing review! I've told Harry and Grace, our staff, what you said and they are glowing!
We ALWAYS try to make any visit special. Yes, we ARE small (and we are a cafe, as opposed to a restaurant), but see my explanation in the previous review.
Cleanliness is paramount at Ricci's, and we have held five stars in all our recent health and hygiene reviews (which we are very proud of). The food is all home made (as you know), and we look forward to tickling your taste buds in the future. There is just SO much for you to try.
Thanks again,
Les & Sue :-)

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Tasty, finger-licking pizza. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere to eat in. However, the restaurant is a little too small and is aimed at take-aways.

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Hi Elliot. Thank you for this review, BUT I must point out we are NOT a restaurant, we are an Italian CAFE (and proud of it). Yes, we are small, some would say intimate, and for good reason. Bakewell is VERY holiday orientated, and so not busy all year round. The rents are high, and for this and other reasons, we are the right size for where we are, and what we do. We have been trading for over twelve years, and watched many larger places come and go. We DO take away, but our main business is sit-in, and that's where we aim. If we lost that last star just for size, I can live with that - we'll still be here in years to come :-)

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We visited Ricci's on the 30/03/16. There were six of us, two adults and four children. The cafe was spotlessly clean. The menu included specials. The service was excellent, really friendly and courteous. The food was lovely. We ordered six drinks and three starters. The garlic bread with cheese lasted about two minutes! It was delicious!! For mains we ordered two pasta dishes and four pizzas. Again the quality of the food was fabulous. The food arrived quickly and was piping hot. The bill came to £62. We thought that this was excellent value. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Vivienne G
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Hi Vivienne. It was a pleasure to serve you and your family, and we thank you for this review. Hope to see you again soon.