“I am not kidding, brilliant place”
Review of Rod & Line Pub

Rod & Line Pub
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Saltash
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I visited this pub recently for lunch. When I arrived I saw a bit of a mess in the front as they were chopping back ivy and also an extension being built. I thought, 'oh well, I'm hungry enough, lets go for it'. So glad I stuck with it. What an incredible find. Seafood to die for, wonderfully presented and the taste, so fresh.

Any top chef would be amazed at what they produce here. Well worth a trip and highly recommended and not expensive either. It's a must, go check it out yourself, prepare to be amazed.

2  Thank Sheila T

Reviewed 27 March 2018

WE come here as often as possible it is the best pub for miles and miles around in terms of food, beers and the atmosphere if you like warm friendly and family orientated service. Highly recommended especially the steak and roast dinners on a Sunday. Proper real country pub!

2  Thank Willim-R-90
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Had a rare day off with chap and dogs. This pub was recommended by several friends as dog friendly with good seafood. They weren't kidding!
A warm welcome from all the staff, great beer. The specials board was a thing of beauty, and was updated as the day's catch came in. XL hake was seriously the best bit of fried fish I've ever eaten. The batter was mixed in front of us as we were talking to the guys behind the bar, and it was gorgeous. Huge portions, but being a greedy sort I decided on sharing another dish with the chap instead of afters. We had the scallops with crusty bread. Cooked to perfection, I had to admit that I couldn't have done better.
Utterly delicious food, lovely people. I am so sad that that I can't go back for about three weeks.
If you want fresh fish, this place is a must.

1  Thank Lucy E
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Booked for dinner, for 5...very busy when we got there...small pub, waited 1/2 hour to order...when eventually ordered was told that could only order roast despite there being a " full" menu being on display and other diners eating burgers etc...then had to wait another 1/2 hour for food to appear which when it did ( 5 roast beefs) was lovely...but pub very, very noisey.Will go again but in the daytime.
Very low light and candles on table...good job food was good...will be awhile before I go again though...extensive fish menu but not able to sample...

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing find, warm welcome, home made bread, log fire. Keep up the good work, we will return and recommend better coffee would be a perfect addition ☕️

2  Thank heidi c